• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Which 20 MOA base for Savage Model 10

Re: Which 20 MOA base for Savage Model 10

I have an EGW on my Precision Carbine. I think it cost $55 or something like that. It fit like a glove. No problems so far.

I also have the EGW. It came highly recommended on the savage shooters forum, and wasn't overly expensive.

If you really want to spend some $$ Ken Farrell also offers 0,15,20 MOA steel or alum bases for $110. Anything with the Farrell name gets high marks from what I have seen!

Any quality base, your choice.

I apologize for the highjack but does anyone know where to get factory magazines for the Precision Carbine in 308?

try seekins they are not cheap but you will not be dissapointed
with fit / finish

I have a 20 MOA Farrell on my 10FP. It is an excellent base.

Rob Opp

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varmint6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try seekins they are not cheap but you will not be dissapointed
with fit / finish </div></div>

+1 for seekins.

EGW does the job. Paying more for a base does not really get you anything. Might look better, be made of a "better" metal but unless your taking your scope off and on your not going to see any real world difference. Rings though.....

You can get a Farrell for $75 from Sharpshooter Supply. I have one my short action Savage, and an EGW on an older flat rear long action Savage. Haven't really noticed a functional difference, other than that the Farrell is finished nicer.

One thing to keep in mind with the Farrell is that it doesn't have Picatinny slots along its entire length, but only on the front and rear, and that the spacing between those front and rear Picatinny slots is not standard (if you look at a picture of a Farrell base, you see that the middle of the base is a smooth flat area). This means that you can't move a mounted scope from a Farrell base to another Picatinny base without having to readjust the rings, and vice versa.

Be advised that Farrel bases are NOT Piccatinny either in spacing or in slot width. The slots are WEAVER width. You can put Weaver rings on a Pic rail but you can't put Pic Bases in a Weaver slot.

Cheers,

Doc

EGW is a good base. dont pay more than $40. optics planet has free shipping.

that being said, when i saw a Ferrel 20moa used, i sold my EGW in an instant and bought the Ferrel. the model i have has a recoil lug. finish is super duper. very nice stuff

here, $75. never mounted as far as i could tell. i had everything ready to go when i saw it. it wasnt even in the middle of the night so i couldnt believe that it wasnt sold. i had a brand new 20moa EGW that just got test fitted to see if the scope would clear. then it came off so i could install the barrel. bought the ferrel and listed the EGW and sold it all in one night, lol

the recoil lug is actually a beveled set screw that contacts the lip of the port. nice stuff. another one popped up a few days after too, but i dont think it had the stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be advised that Farrel bases are NOT Piccatinny either in spacing or in slot width. The slots are WEAVER width. You can put Weaver rings on a Pic rail but you can't put Pic Bases in a Weaver slot.

Cheers,

Doc</div></div>

Mine matches Pic standard just fine... Perhaps you have an old one? I've heard he changed at some point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nhm16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
One thing to keep in mind with the Farrell is that it doesn't have Picatinny slots along its entire length, but only on the front and rear, and that the spacing between those front and rear Picatinny slots is not standard (if you look at a picture of a Farrell base, you see that the middle of the base is a smooth flat area). This means that you can't move a mounted scope from a Farrell base to another Picatinny base without having to readjust the rings, and vice versa.</div></div>

This is also not true for my specimen. Yes, the center is flat, but the distance across that section maintains the standard. It lines up perfectly next to a full-length slotted rail.

Farrel stuff is high dollar, but top notch. I have a 10MOA Savage SA base, a set of steel rings and a set of Al rings.

lol, you know knab i kept thinking that, but it just didnt click. it just kept nagging away that i knew i had some transaction with you. funny. its a hell of a nice base. let your buddy know i appreciate it and its got a good home

I need to order an EGW 20' base I am using burris low rings and with a 40mm scope Bushnell 3200T if someone has the same setup. I dont have a lot of clearance with the current weaver 2 piece base. will the scope clear with the canted base? with BC caps? with a shade? Thanks for any input

Anything Badger Ordnance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: larbhills</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I apologize for the highjack but does anyone know where to get factory magazines for the Precision Carbine in 308?</div></div>

I ordered mine from Savage. Called them and had 'em in a week. $30 each, iirc.

I bought the Nightforce from Optics Planet...nice mount!

I had a 20 MOA Ken Farrell on my LE2b and got a 20 MOA Badger off of here for cheap and moved the Farrell to a Savage #12 VLP 22-250.

The Badger is a tad shorter than the KF and the chicks really dig it.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911.it</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Farrell 20 moa is worth it. </div></div>

I have a 20 moa farrel base for sale, that fits a round top receiver

My Farrell 20moa base just came in. SSS was waiting for a shipment to come in to fill backorders. I think all of those were filled and mine was a current order.
If you want one I suggest ordering one quickly. This is a popular base.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you bought it from me!!! </div></div>
Thats some funny shit right there!
laugh.gif

I went ahead and ordered the Badger mount since I already had Badger rings and liked them.

Thanks.

EGW here! Don't need anything more and can't get any better. You will pay more than double for just as good.

A small NC machine shop makes a 10 MOA and 20 MOA one piece for Savage model 10s called Game Reaper. I saw one last week and it was pretty damn sturdy. Nicely priced for USA machined. If they made 30mm I'd def try one.

+3 on a Badger base. But if on a budget I had an EGW on my 5R and worked just fine with no problems at all.

I run a 20 moa Farrell on my 10FCP they are thick bases and was able to use low Seekins rings on a 50MM objective.
Call up Farrell there is a fella in Texas that sells these at a great price...for the life of me I can't remember his name. Good Luck.

just bought a Badger from TriadTactical...should be mounting it this weekend.