• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which .22 carry pistol actually works reliable?

Those little guns simply work. When I am going to put in a long day on my trapline I carry it and a box of ammo.
Over a 10 mile hike it is nice to not have a rifle along or even a larger pistol. I have shot literally hundreds of coyotes and coons in traps and snares with mine.

If you mean to possibly carry for defensive use I would say revolver only in rimfire range. I have had:
- buckmarks which are fun but the bridge piece will losen over time
- sw victory same issue with the barrel attachment part (you can loctite but then cleaning becomes more involved)
-walther p22 ok but metal felt very cheap and not as reliable as the following:
-mp 22 more reliable than those but a little less fun trigger wise but still good.
-If you have da/sa guns for carry best options I have found are the kadet conversion with the smaller portion steel slide or the grand power. These are best mix of reliable and very accurate/good triggers but we are still talking 22 so ammunition means they are way less reliable than normal centerfire handguns

FWIW, I have 2x Ruger 22/45 Lite's (both have some Tandemkross accessories/parts) and 1x Browning Buckmark (totally stock Silhouette model).

Ruger's (like my STI's) run like sewing machines. The Buckmark doesn't. Just my experience with my guns. Both get cleaned annually and oiled regularly. If I shoot rimfire steel, it'll be with the one of the Ruger 22/45's.

John

ruger mark 2-4 are nice baretta's version of the smith is also nice if you do not want to pay the price of a 41 if you wanna feel like a little cowboy there are cylinder guns in 22 that could be nice .