• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which 22 rifle for 250 + yrds?

optrixs

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2002
SW OR
Hi:
As you can see I don't need another 22:).Two are Remington 513s and one is a Winchester 52.The 52 has a R.A. Litschert 15X the scope blocks are 6 1/4" spaced apart.The barrel is 20".The 513 with a Davis Spot-Shot is 12X the scope blocks are 7 1/4" spaced apart barrel is 26".Remington 513 has Bausch & Lomb 6-24 I want to say it has 1/8 clicks barrel is 26".I would like to get beyond 250 + yards:).Other rifles I have Anschutz 64 no scope or base yet looking at DIP base.Ranger with a Malcom "T" scope and lusting for another Ranger

Thanks
Scott

P5240154Medium.jpg

Re: Which 22 rifle for 250 + yrds?

Nice rifles Scott.
But you do need some more.
smile.gif

You need about 33 to 34 minutes to get to 250yds. The rifles you have should be plenty accurate for the task. Nice collection.

Those particular B&L's don't have much elevation travel.

How much travel do the externally adjustable scopes have? Just count how many MOA up from your zero till the adjustment tops out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those particular B&L's don't have much elevation travel.

How much travel do the externally adjustable scopes have? Just count how many MOA up from your zero till the adjustment tops out. </div></div>

The Litschert/Davis scopes don't have enough elevation travel to get out to 250 yards with standard scope blocks, but you could use a lower front or taller rear block to get the elevation needed. Be careful with the Litschert/Davis scope mounts, they are fragile and can be easily damaged by running the elevation all the way up.

The Unertl, Lyman and Fecker scopes have enough elevation adjustment to get out to 250 yards.

Nice collection of rifles in the photo to start this thread, I like 513 Remingtons. They are accurate and easy to shoot.