• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which 22lr rifle

kentuckyMarksman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2018
So I actually don't own any 22lr firearms. I own 9mm and 45acp handguns, and rifles going from .223 to 30.06. I'd like a 22lr rifle for cheap plinking, informal target shooting, Appleseed shoots, and possibly a 22lr PRS type match.

I have 4 rifles that I'm considering. They are below along with why I'm considering it.

1. Ruger 10/22 - Cheap, easy to find (LGS has a used one for $180 in like new condition. Don't know if that's a good deal though), and it can be upgraded as time goes on. I like to tinker with stuff and swap stuff out, and this rifle seems like it would be a good candidate for that. I also already own 4 magazines for it and a receiver with scope base... thinking I could free float the barrel, bed the stock, do a trigger job, and it might be a decent shooter.

2. Tikka T1x - Everytime I go to the range, I take my R700 in 308. I like shooting bolt guns. I have no experience with Tikka, but I've read good things about them. Don't care for the Tupperware stock, but I know that there is the Bravo chassis and the Oryx chassis as well.

3. & 4. CZ 457 American / Varmint - I love a walnut stock, and I like elements of both the American and the Varmint. I like the looks of the American stock better, and the fact that I can get it with a 17hmr barrel in addition to 22lr. I like the varmint for the stouter barrel while still having a walnut stock. I also know that these rifles are fairly upgradable, which is another plus.

The most I could spend would be about $550. What would you go with, and is there anything I missed? I'm leaning 10/22, just because I feel like everyone needs one, and it's easier on the budget.

If just for general plinking and accuracy/precision isn't the most important quality for the rifle, a 10/22 is cheap, upgradable and they are EVERYWHERE.

But the CZs are generally very accurate and worth the money if you can get one in your budget. Solid bolt actions.

But for more PRS style, modular system, the T1X or even the Ruger Precision Rimfire would be good rifles. I have a Ruger Precision Rimfire and it shot pretty damn well for a sub $400 rifle. I have since upgraded the barrel to an ER SHAW ($250) but it consistently shoots 1-1.2 MOA out to 100, 1.5-2 out to 300+.

Ammo is the biggest unknown and finding the best lot that your rifle likes can be the hardest part of tuning a 22LR.

Reactions: kentuckyMarksman
I've never really shot my Ruger 10/22 for precision- at least not groups. It's always been sub minute of beer/soda can, and that's been good enough. Lots of rabbits and squirrels have been taken with it too. But, it is not what I'd consider a precision rifle. If you want to compete in PRS/NRL style matches- and be competitive- you can't think of a 22 as cheap. Not when match ammo can set you back $10-20 per box. I got that 10/22 for Christmas when I was 7 or 8 years old. That gun is now over 30 years old and has a spot in the front row of my safe. But, it is a Kidd supergrade that I take to matches. The motley assortment of cheap ammo amassed during the "great ammo scare" gets run through the Ruger. Lapua CenterX gets run through the Kidd. Remington golden bullet is great for practicing clearing stove pipes. And, there's generally a dud in every (other) mag. They make a GREAT training round. That's what I tell my son as he's clearing the malfs... ?

You don't need a Kidd or a vudoo or a volquartzen to compete, but they're nice. If I were looking for a cheap smile generator, steel plinker, beer can perforator, and occasional/opportunistic small game getter, I'd get the Ruger 10/22 10 times out of 10. I just wouldn't roll the dice on one for true precision.

I cannot comment on the tikka or CZ from experience, so I will let those with experience give their opinions.

I've seen a few Ruger precision rimfires at our local match, as well as a few CZs and a few vudoos. I haven't been squadded with a vudoo, so I'll leave it as I've seen them. The RPRR seems to be sufficiently accurate, but the mags are finicky. The 15 round mag sticks out way below the action and torquing it (like pressing on a barricade) can cause a failure to feed. That seems to be a thing with at least one CZ I was squadded with at the last match. Mags that hang down from the action "can" be problematic at these dynamic shooting events. The 10/22 flush fitting 10 round mag doesn't have this problem. You can use them in the RPRR, but they're difficult(ish) to remove.

Right you are. It seems great except the lack of m-lok slots in the 3 and 9 o clock position
I've never really shot my Ruger 10/22 for precision- at least not groups. It's always been sub minute of beer/soda can, and that's been good enough. Lots of rabbits and squirrels have been taken with it too. But, it is not what I'd consider a precision rifle. If you want to compete in PRS/NRL style matches- and be competitive- you can't think of a 22 as cheap. Not when match ammo can set you back $10-20 per box. I got that 10/22 for Christmas when I was 7 or 8 years old. That gun is now over 30 years old and has a spot in the front row of my safe. But, it is a Kidd supergrade that I take to matches. The motley assortment of cheap ammo amassed during the "great ammo scare" gets run through the Ruger. Lapua CenterX gets run through the Kidd. Remington golden bullet is great for practicing clearing stove pipes. And, there's generally a dud in every (other) mag. They make a GREAT training round. That's what I tell my son as he's clearing the malfs... ?

You don't need a Kidd or a vudoo or a volquartzen to compete, but they're nice. If I were looking for a cheap smile generator, steel plinker, beer can perforator, and occasional/opportunistic small game getter, I'd get the Ruger 10/22 10 times out of 10. I just wouldn't roll the dice on one for true precision.

I cannot comment on the tikka or CZ from experience, so I will let those with experience give their opinions.

I've seen a few Ruger precision rimfires at our local match, as well as a few CZs and a few vudoos. I haven't been squadded with a vudoo, so I'll leave it as I've seen them. The RPRR seems to be sufficiently accurate, but the mags are finicky. The 15 round mag sticks out way below the action and torquing it (like pressing on a barricade) can cause a failure to feed. That seems to be a thing with at least one CZ I was squadded with at the last match. Mags that hang down from the action "can" be problematic at these dynamic shooting events. The 10/22 flush fitting 10 round mag doesn't have this problem. You can use them in the RPRR, but they're difficult(ish) to remove.

Yeah, I know a 10/22 is far from a precision rifle. It's cheap and with a few mods, might shoot a touch better than it normally would out of the box. I'm really just looking for an entry level 22 to play with, and down the road get a nicer one to compliment it. Nicer ones cost more, so I'm hoping to use the 10/22 until I can get a nicer one.

Eventually I'd be interested in getting the Varmint Precision Trainer from CZ, but that's a rifle for another day.

I have a Ruger SS match 10-22, with a Kidd 2 stage trigger. It shoots very good. I also have a Kidd Supergrade. I got a complete barreled action and put it in a Titan stock with Titan's rear anchor ( most accurate 22LR I have). The biggest cost from Kidd, is the 2 stage trigger it is just under $300.00, but is the best 10-22 trigger made. If you are going to build a 10-22, take a look at the KIdd supergrade cost before you start building. Building a 10-22 can be a deep rabbit hole. I have a Tikka T1X that shoot great. also I have 2 CZ 455 Varmint's , 22LR and 17 HMR, they shoot great also.

Any of the your picks would be great. I would add a CZ 455 to the list, if you can still get one.

Mark

The Ruger 20/22 is a FUN gun. It is precise enough. If you want to kill rabbits and squirrels, turn soda cans into bits of aluminum, and bang smallish steel targets at modest range, it will suit you well. It is a deep hole when upgrading. I looked at upgrading my Ruger a couple of years ago. For a few hundred more- like $300-$400- I could buy the Kidd supergrade. That was a no brainer.

I ordered a KIDD barreled action and all the other KIDD parts and built out the rifle and put it in a TITAN stock. Cost about $977 and with SK Rifle Match ($7 box 50 when on sale) shoots .3. The KIDD super grade is listed at $1280. Consider the Ruger Competition and its listed online at "Buds" at 675. You could order a barred action that Brownells advertises for 130 then get the KIDD parts and put it in a TITAN stock for total of about 680 ish. Bergara has a 10/22 they call the BXR and they list it on their site at $565. If you want the most for the least then the Tikka T1X at around $500 would be the way I would go. If its wood you like then CZ 457 Varmint or American, the 457 has better features than the 455 especially the adjustable trigger. Good luck. BTW FED Gold Medal target shot well in my KIDD's at 50 yards but not so good at 100 yards.

I'd like a 22lr rifle for cheap plinking, informal target shooting, Appleseed shoots, and possibly a 22lr PRS type match....
I have 4 rifles that I'm considering. ....
1. Ruger 10/22 -
2. Tikka T1x -
3. & 4. CZ 457 American / Varmint .
The most I could spend would be about $550.

Been thinking this over a couple days now as I contemplate another 22 rifle myself. Based on YOUR $550 budget and requirements, I'd get the Tikka. Appleseed clinics are geared towards semi-autos, but you can successfully use a bolt action and do very well. I shot a 240 appleseed score with my CZ455 bolt last year, so you will definitely learn rifleman's cadence with a bolt action. Also, barricades will scratch and mark stocks up for PRS NRL type matches, kind of amusing to see an anschutz owner show up for one of these matches and protest how the barricade would ruin the finish on his finely figured stock. You'll also want to get a few extra magazines.

Pros and cons as follows:

Ruger 10/22. Low cost entry into fun, upgrade path that is seemingly endless, eventually you'll end up with either a complete KIDD or Volquartsen rifle that would have been cheaper to buy at the start. There really is no comparison of any 10/22 platform to a KIDD for build quality, features (supergrade removeable barrel system) and accuracy at a competitive price. PPl will be along shortly to argue how much better their frankenruger shoots and argue it cost so much less and such forth. My experience over nine 10/22 platforms has wound up with 2 KIDD's that I use competitively in matches, the others are for plinking or guests. Not to say that they aren't accurate, but the KIDDs give me the least headaches of all my 10/22's.

A stock rifle is the cheapest route, and the best bang for the buck would be to send a complete rifle off to Connecticut Precision Chambering and have a full barrel/bolt/trigger tune done for $215 shipped. That addresses all the problems with the bolt and most issues with the trigger pack and might make your factory barrel a winner. I've done this and Randy's work is a great value add to the 10/22, and he is quick, mine was a 5 week turn around. This will get you into the $400-450 total ballpark with your $180 initial rifle purchase.

Be advised that 10/22's do not do well in sandy conditions and like dry lubricants like Hornady one shot or EZOX. Bullet feeding issues are usually either magazine problems or a stronger mag lever release spring is needed to properly align the mag. Magazine changes are easy or difficult depending on what mag release lever you have. Best solution I've found is a KIDD medium release lever with extra stiff spring and 2 mags coupled together with High Tower armory coupler, this is the closest set up I've found to mimic a centerfire rifle with a rear release lever and 10 round AICS mag for a one handed mag change. Cleaning 10/22 receivers is a drag. So much has to be taken apart and cleaned and the blowback action sprays carbon and powder debris all over the trigger pack and bolt area.

Tikka TX1. Don't own one, but have shot about 100 rounds through other ppl's rifles at a couple of NRA smallbore silhouette matches. This is a nice action, both owner's had installed different trigger springs for a lighter trigger and the triggers were pretty good. both were still in factory stocks, but fit was surprisingly good. Mags were also easy to change, the big fin on the bottom helps give you something to grab. Barrel is all ready threaded for suppressor and balance was decent. Accuracy off a bag on bench was about 1.25"-1.5" at 100 meters. Both owners reported no reliability problems for feeding/ejection. Tikka/Sako quality all around, at a low $400's price point. Wish this rifle was available 6 years ago.

CZ457 Variants. Not sure if either the american or varmint have a threaded barrel, don't think so. (edit add: looked this up at CZ's website, neither american or varmint have threaded barrels, but both varmint-pro and varmint-AT do) Of the two choices I'd go the varmint route as the american's skinnier barrel profile seem to have more accuracy issues. More on that in a bit. The CZ 457 has addressed 2 of the 3 complaints I have against the 455 series:
1) They finally put a bolt stop/release lever on the left side, this cures the "pulled the bolt out of the action during ejection cycle" issue. I've seen that happen on four different rifles the last few years, including mine. Two were stock triggers, 2 were aftermarket triggers. Problem gets worse with lower trigger poundage settings but isn't cured at higher settings either. 455 Bolt is retained by the trigger mechanism only. 457 trigger is user ajustable with more user control than the 455 and supposedly got rid of the dreaded "sear ball"
2) shorter bolt throw clears scopes in low rings, it is also a much shorter pull now as well, both pluses in my book.
3) barrels and mounting system are the same as the 455 series. CZ barrel quality is hit or miss, but the lighter profile barrels seem to have more issues with accuracy and all CZ barrels seem to throw a number of unexplained fliers. You could make the argument that problem is the shooter, but I have way less fliers with the Vudoo, KIDDS or anschutzes. I've borescoped 3 factory 455 barrels and they are not even close to the quality of the chambers in the other previously mentioned rifles, lots of tool marks and in one barrel the groove lands at the leade were swiped over by a dull reamer. This could be solved with an aftermarket barrel like a Lija, and it's an easy swap, but that will break your budget. CZ barrels are a lottery pick.

Magazines for the 455/457 are a bright spot. I can only remember two failures to feed over the years and ejection is also very good, again just a few FTE's probably caused by hitting the scope. Reliability has been very, very good and the polymer 10 round mags are pretty easy to change during a time restricted match. CZ mags just work! Need to come up with a conversion to CZ mags for the Anschutzes, I consider the annie mag system to be garbage. I would never consider an anschutz for a time restricted match with magazine changes

That being said, I shot my CZ455 Tacticool in matches for four years and did very well with it, and I'm very comfortable with that rifle. But I'd still pick the Tikka over it if given the choice back then.

(edit add: I also forgot to add that you will need a scope rail for all 3 rifles mentioned above, $35 for the ruger and $75-100 for the CZ/ Tikka)

Last edited:
Been thinking this over a couple days now as I contemplate another 22 rifle myself. Based on YOUR $550 budget and requirements, I'd get the Tikka. Appleseed clinics are geared towards semi-autos, but you can successfully use a bolt action and do very well. I shot a 240 appleseed score with my CZ455 bolt last year, so you will definitely learn rifleman's cadence with a bolt action. Also, barricades will scratch and mark stocks up for PRS NRL type matches, kind of amusing to see an anschutz owner show up for one of these matches and protest how the barricade would ruin the finish on his finely figured stock. You'll also want to get a few extra magazines.

Pros and cons as follows:

Ruger 10/22. Low cost entry into fun, upgrade path that is seemingly endless, eventually you'll end up with either a complete KIDD or Volquartsen rifle that would have been cheaper to buy at the start. There really is no comparison of any 10/22 platform to a KIDD for build quality, features (supergrade removeable barrel system) and accuracy at a competitive price. PPl will be along shortly to argue how much better their frankenruger shoots and argue it cost so much less and such forth. My experience over nine 10/22 platforms has wound up with 2 KIDD's that I use competitively in matches, the others are for plinking or guests. Not to say that they aren't accurate, but the KIDDs give me the least headaches of all my 10/22's.

It is the cheapest route, and the best bang for the buck would be to send a complete rifle off to Connecticut Precision Chambering and have a full barrel/bolt/trigger tune done for $215 shipped. That addresses all the problems with the bolt and most issues with the trigger pack and may make your factory barrel a winner. I've done this and Randy's work is a great value add to the 10/22, and he is quick, mine was a 5 week turn around. This will get you into the $400-450 total ballpark with your $180 initial rifle purchase.

Be advised that 10/22's do not do well in sandy conditions and like dry lubricants like Hornady one shot or EZOX. Bullet feeding issue are usually either magazine problems or a stronger mag lever release spring is needed to properly align the mag. Magazine changes are easy or difficult depending on what mag release lever you have. Best solution I've found is a KIDD medium release lever with extra stiff spring and 2 mags coupled together with High Tower armory coupler, closest set up I've found to mimic a centerfire rifle with a rear release lever and 10 round AICS mag for a one handed mag change. Cleaning 10/22 receivers is a drag as so much has to be taken apart and cleaned and the blowback action sprays carbon and powder debris all over the trigger pack and bolt area.

Tikka TX1. Don't own one, but have shot about 100 rounds through other ppl's rifles at a couple of NRA smallbore silhouette matches. This is a nice action, both owner's had installed different trigger springs for a lighter trigger and the triggers were pretty good. both were still in factory stocks, but fit was good. Mags were also easy to change, the big fin on the bottom helps give you something to grab. Barrel is all ready threaded for suppressor and balance was decent. Accuracy off a bag on bench was about 1.25"-1.5" at 100 meters. Both owners reported no reliability problems for feeding/ejection. Tikka/Sako quality all around, at a low $400's price point. Wish this rifle was available 6 years ago.

CZ457 Variants. Not sure if either the american or varmint have a threaded barrel, don't think so. Of the two choices I'd go the varmint route as the american's skinnier barrel profile seem to have more accuracy issues. More on that in a bit. The CZ 457 has addressed 2 of the 3 complaints I have against the 455 series:
1) They finally put a bolt stop/release lever on the left side, this cures the "pulled the bolt out of the action during ejection cycle" issue. I've seen that happen on four different rifles the last few years, including mine. Two were stock triggers, 2 were aftermarket triggers. Problem gets worse with lower trigger poundage settings but isn't cured at higher settings either. 455 Bolt is retained by the trigger mechanism only. 457 trigger is user ajustable with more user control than the 455 and supposedly got rid of the dreaded "sear ball"
2) shorter bolt throw clears scopes in low rings, it is also a much shorter pull now as well, both pluses in my book.
3) barrels and mounting system are the same as the 455 series. CZ barrel quality is hit or miss, but the lighter profile barrels seem to have more issues with accuracy and all CZ barrels seem to throw a number of unexplained fliers. You could make the argument that problem is the shooter, but I have way less fliers with the Vudoo, KIDDS or anschutzes. I've borescoped 3 factory 455 barrels and they are not even close to the quality of the chambers in the other previously mentioned rifles, lots of tool marks and in one the groove lands at the leade were swiped over by a dull reamer. This could be solved with an aftermarket barrel like a Lija, and it's an easy swap, but that will break your budget. CZ barrels are a lottery pick.

Magazines for the 455/457 are a bright spot. I can only remember two failures to feed over the years and ejection is also very good, again just a few FTE's probably caused by hitting the scope. Reliability has been very, very good and the polymer 10 round mags are pretty easy to change during a time restricted match. CZ mags just work! Need to come up with a conversion to CZ mags for the Anschutzes, I consider the annie mag system to be garbage. I would never consider an anschutz for a time restricted match with magazine changes

That being said, I shot my CZ455 Tacticool in matches for four years and did very well with it, and I'm very comfortable with that rifle. But I'd still pick the Tikka over it if given the choice back then.
I have two KIDD's and two 455's everything said here is spot on with my experience. Been running them in NRL and silhouette.

CZ 457 at one. Fully adjustable stock and should be close to $550.

Or get a t1x and a bravo chassis. But you’ll be well over $550 by then and might as welll just buy a vudoo barreled action and a bravo for another $1k. Anytime someone is considering spending $1k or more on a .22 setup for prs style stuff, vudoo isn’t as far a stretch financially as people think.

For your $550 budget, I’d do the at one 457 in a heartbeat.

If upgrades are in your future though, just save up and get a Kidd/vudoo/anschutz.

I picked up a CZ 457 ProVarmint w/ the 16.5” threaded barrel just a few weeks ago for just a hair over $500. The plan was to use this as a trainer and as an NRL22 setup for my 10yr old son. Topped it off with the Area 419 rail system and a Vortex Gen II Viper PST 5-25. Also paired it with my SRT Comanche suppressor...super quiet is an understatement. Thus far I’m very impressed. Accuracy has been great thus far. I really like the new 457 action and the adjustable trigger. The Boyd’s stock that it came with is pretty nice, but w/ no adjustment to really fit my son well. I plan to drop it into an XLR chassis as soon as they inlet for the 457....hopefully here in a couple months I hear.

If you like the idea of the 10/22 route, I can say that the 10/22 LVT is worth a look. I bought one as a plinker/trainer for my wife (who is a lefty) and she adores that darn rifle. She makes sure that i pack it on every range trip.

The contour is fairly heavy, but still light enough (and balanced) to be an awesome critter-getter. If she ever gets bored of shooting with me, I will pop it in a titan stock, throw a Midas Tac on it and make it a full blown fun trainer, but my T1X fills that role for now.

I think I'm going to try to get the Tikka. Seems like a solid choice. I still want a 10/22 sometime though, but it will either be a Kidd Supergrade, or a Frankengun with Kidd parts.

CZ 457 at one. Fully adjustable stock and should be close to $550.

Or get a t1x and a bravo chassis. But you’ll be well over $550 by then and might as welll just buy a vudoo barreled action and a bravo for another $1k. Anytime someone is considering spending $1k or more on a .22 setup for prs style stuff, vudoo isn’t as far a stretch financially as people think.

For your $550 budget, I’d do the at one 457 in a heartbeat.

If upgrades are in your future though, just save up and get a Kidd/vudoo/anschutz.

Do you know if Vudoo has a payment option? I know they do a down payment and then another payment before shipping. Just wondering if I could do a down payment and then some monthly payments for a few months.

Do you know if Vudoo has a payment option? I know they do a down payment and then another payment before shipping. Just wondering if I could do a down payment and then some monthly payments for a few months.

No use giving someone an interest free loan. Pay it into a bank account until you have the funds then buy the gun outright. Put it under your mattress, in a jar, give it to your wife- whatever...

From $550 to $2700+ is quite a jump. Remember you still need glass, rings and possibly a rail mount, extra mags, and maybe a bipod and sling, not to mention ammo. Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy my vudoo but fully kitted out I have over 4K$ into it. (and as fantastic a rifle it is, I haven't used it as much as I thought I would because of it's weight of 13+ lbs---everything in life is a compromise) You stated your budget at the beginning and selected some great choices in that range. I'd stay in budget and try things out first to see if you like it.

I have been eyeballing a CZ 457 AT1 for the kids or the Tikka and get a AT1 stock for it. I can't seem to make up my mind on it right now.

I really want a Vudoo for them..... Especially when they can run mine proficiently. The bolt is on the wrong side for them.

If you ever plan on suppressing the 22 (highly highly suggested), you can cycle All types (including the CCI quiets) via a bolt, a bit more problematic with the 10/22, as only some subsonic rounds cycle the 10/22 action.

If you ever plan on suppressing the 22 (highly highly suggested), you can cycle All types (including the CCI quiets) via a bolt, a bit more problematic with the 10/22, as only some subsonic rounds cycle the 10/22 action.
Pretty much Anything 22lr- not marked HV- is subsonic. All match quality 22lr is subsonic. It all cycles a 10/22. The stuff marketed as subsonic is just extra slow. That may not cycle a 10/22, but reaching up to run the semi auto bolt is not that much different (and potentially easier) than running a manual bolt.

Pretty much Anything 22lr- not marked HV- is subsonic. All match quality 22lr is subsonic. It all cycles a 10/22. The stuff marketed as subsonic is just extra slow. That may not cycle a 10/22, but reaching up to run the semi auto bolt is not that much different (and potentially easier) than running a manual bolt.

I have seen multiple 10/22’s not run match ammo as well. Granted, cold weather doesn’t ever help. But each gun could have been modified uniquely anyways. So thats a crap shoot.

From $550 to $2700+ is quite a jump. Remember you still need glass, rings and possibly a rail mount, extra mags, and maybe a bipod and sling, not to mention ammo. Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy my vudoo but fully kitted out I have over 4K$ into it. (and as fantastic a rifle it is, I haven't used it as much as I thought I would because of it's weight of 13+ lbs---everything in life is a compromise) You stated your budget at the beginning and selected some great choices in that range. I'd stay in budget and try things out first to see if you like it.

Sage advice, thank you! Yeah, you're right, that is quite the jump. I think I should stick with looking for a Tikka. The extra 2 grand would go quite a ways in getting some house projects taken care of. I actually already have glass and rings for the rifle. I have a Vortex PST Gen ii 5-25x for it with Burris 30mm XTR rings.

Good point! I don't know if a suppressor is in my future though. The only range I have access to is a public range and it's generally pretty busy. So even if I had a suppressor, the guy 2 tables down doing mag dumps with his AR pistol if still pretty loud.

Reactions: slowlearner
Sage advice, thank you! Yeah, you're right, that is quite the jump. I think I should stick with looking for a Tikka. The extra 2 grand would go quite a ways in getting some house projects taken care of. I actually already have glass and rings for the rifle. I have a Vortex PST Gen ii 5-25x for it with Burris 30mm XTR rings.

Good point! I don't know if a suppressor is in my future though. The only range I have access to is a public range and it's generally pretty busy. So even if I had a suppressor, the guy 2 tables down doing mag dumps with his AR pistol if still pretty loud.

That is a fair point. Loud bench neighbors can be rough. But it does help if you end up teaching kids or new shooters when you are off at a quiet range because of the lack of noise.

That is a fair point. Loud bench neighbors can be rough. But it does help if you end up teaching kids or new shooters when you are off at a quiet range because of the lack of noise.

Understood. Right now and for the foreseeable future, I won't have access to a quiet range. If I do though, the Tikka does have a threaded barrel.

Reactions: slowlearner