• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Which 30-cal Suppressor....will

Re: Which 30-cal Suppressor....will

got a gemtech HVT, and a YHM phantom, both are excellent on a 7.62

I'm by no means an expert but I can offer my opinion based on the two cans that I own and several that I have experience with.

The bottom line with suppressors is that if you have a projectile that is traveling faster than the speed of sound, you're gonna hear the bullet flight noise. The crack or "boom" will be greatly dissplaced. On the other hand, if the bullet is traveling slower than the speed of sound, your noise will be greatly reduced and the suppressor will swallow up much of the gas that cause the report.

I own a Gemtech HVT-QD and run it on a SPS tactical with 20" barrel. The match round I prefer is a 168gr. bthp and through the suppressor the sound is reduced to that of a 22 mag. When I fire a 180gr. EBR subsonic through the can, the sound is muffled to a hand clap. Same theory applies to a 22 cal can that I squirrel hunt with. Factory ammo doesn't reach supersonic speed through my pistol and the suppressor is very effective. Same can with the same ammo on a bolt gun makes the 22 sound almost like a 22. A subsonic round through the bolt gun however quiets the hell out of it.

With all that junk being said, the reason I went with the Gemtech HVT is because it only goes on the gun in one position and it's the same position each time I put it on which gives consistent POI shift. I also can mount it on my AR which has a birdcage with the correct bi-lock for the same can.

Hope this is helpful info.

The Gemtech Sandstorm is rated for all of those loads.

And on my .308 it is great. the loudest noise at first is the bullet, followed by the clang of the metal target.

The actual gunshot is pretty quiet and hearing safe. It is also lower pitch than I expected.

I have not tried any other .30 cans....

SureFire 7.62SS or K will handle all those loads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SureFire 7.62SS or K will handle all those loads. </div></div>

I use a Surefire 762SS on a 300WM, 308 and 243 and am very happy with it.

YHM Phantom will handle them.

I went with a screw-on because there is no play in the can-to-barrel lock-up. A friend and fellow hide member just got a Gemtech and his moves around more than I would like. We could also see baffles looking chamber to muzzle - and that is bad for a suppressor.

I have a YHM Stainless Phantom 7.62 and I asked YHM what it was rated for. They told me any .30 caliber or below. I specifically asked about .300 RUM and they said YES.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 737SHARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TIGERSHARK!!!! </div></div>

A Big +1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beltloop[MikeSr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">]30-cal: 300WinMag, 30-06, 308...

Which 30-cal Suppressor will suppress factory ammo...or is there such animal? </div></div>
I don't know about the others, but the Tac Ops TAC .30 suppressor in either SS or Titanium will handle full power (factory) ammo. Tac Ops recommends shooting FGMM ammo, as that is what the respective chambers are designed around.

I haven't heard the .300WM, but a Tac Ops rifle firing FGMM 168gr. (.308) equipped with a (Tac Ops) TAC .30 sounds like a long-barreled .22LR.

Keith

I am very happy with my SAS 30 cal. can. It is rated for 300 win mag. I haven't tried it with a mag yet...

I shoot a John's Guns reflex suppressor that I have two expansion tubes for. One for my 308 bolt gun and one for my LR-308. The LR-308 is a little louder due to the shorter expansion tube and the action noise. I shoot the same factory ammo in both guns and both shoot a little better groups with the suppressors installed. The reflex style is significantly quieter than any end mount cans that I heard. Its all about the volume (capacity) of the can. If there is a down side it would be the weight of the reflex suppressor.

im looking into a suppressor for a .300 wm also. i read in a magazine somewhere that the surefire mb338ss03 with the fa338ss works just as well. anyone able to confirm that?

look into Quicksilver manufacturing. their 300WM can is more quiet then a mouse fart.

I have one on a Surgeon built 300WSM. its great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SureFire 7.62SS or K will handle all those loads. </div></div>

I contacted Surefire prior to buying a .30cal can. They told me the their 7.62 cans are designed only for use with 7.62 NATO/.308 Win ammo. They said it was not designed to be used with the pressures seen in .300WinMag and .30-06 and any damage that occurred would not be repaired under warranty. IMHO this is a big gamble to pay with a suppressor that costs as much as a Surefire.

I talked to Surefire last week and I was told that the 7.62 would work on a 300 win mag.

I was talking to one of their warranty guys when I was sending a 12 year old light back with a bad switch - which they fixed for free in exactly 8 business days. They didn't say it wouldn't work - of course it will work as any .308 cal projectile will pass through the bore - they just said no warranty.

If you shoot a .300 win mag through a SureFire 7.62 suppressor we will cover it under warranty. I don't know who you were talking to but we will cover it.

Good to have the correct info. Surefire products have always been excellent and the service is outstanding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 737SHARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TIGERSHARK!!!! </div></div>

A BIG PLUS 1!!!!!!!!!