• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which 45 Suppressor Host? G21SF or FNX Tactical .45?

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Just got a Rugged Obsidian 45

I have a G21SF and lots of mags. Already got the threaded barrel (Sico)
also have Griffin cam-lok system

Should I send the slide off for optics cut and run that or would I be happier with an FNX Tactical .45 as a host and leave the 21SF stock?

Last edited:
Try it on the glock and see how you like it. If you enjoy shooting it suppresed send it out to get optic cut if you like it.

Have you shot/handled the FN? Is there a range nearby you can rent one?

Reactions: 07SGT4623
DED19285-071D-45B3-B45A-84BA9AE337A1.jpeg

do yourself a favor and drop a zev trigger in your 21, I did mine and love it.

I’d run the glock for a while, if you don’t like it buy the FN

May I add the hk45ct and p220 to the equation. Mk23 if you're not going to conceal it

Vma5dD.jpg

This was mine- sold it last year- I did not like it at all. Is it a bad gun? No, not at all, but I found it "flippy" to shoot and the grip slippery. the trigger was meh. Accuracy was fine. With my osprey, crud was continually getting blown back from the ejection port onto the window of the RMR.
It might be perfect for you but I'd really say try before you buy.

I'd rock the Glock with the can for a while to see how much you love it before getting it cut.

My pick would be the FNX if you were starting from nothing (I have one and like it), but since you already own the Glock + threaded barrel, might as well run that as a host and see how you like it.

They’re 2 very different pistols, I love my fnx it’s a great suppressor host and very accurate but the trigger and ergonomics aren’t for everyone.

Another option is to buy an optics cut slide and build it out as your suppressor host. That way you’ve got your normal setup if/when you want it. What I did for my G21.

My G21SF is one of my best shooting pistols. Right up there with my HK USP 45acp and 9mm. I’d say rock that bitch and see how you like it.