• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Which .45 to suppress

The Gump

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2011
The Edge Of Anarchy
I bought an Octane .45. What is the most quiet .45 to put it on. I shot it on a Sig and G21. Sig was quiet and G21 had a pop at the breach. Sig are great but don't work with my hands.

Thoughts?

My 1911 suppressed is pretty damn quiet, especially if the can is show wet. I've also got an FNX 45 Tactical that isn't too bad suppressed either.

Some of my personal favorites are the HK series, the USP45 or HK45 Tactical's. 1911's always seem to be great hosts as well. If you are looking something elite, a MK23 or HK45 Compact Tactical are outstanding suppressor hosts.

Another vote for the FN45 Tactical. IMHO the best host 45 available. 1911 is probably gonna be the quietest though.

My Silencerco Osprey and FNP45 combo is very quiet and I have yet to have a malfunction of any kind. It has been a blast to shoot.

I've got a silencerco Osprey on my M&P 45. It works great and the pistol does too. No issues with either.....

Frank

Have you compared the M&P to any other platform. Other guns I've heard the can on are G19 which was pretty quiet and a Beretta 92 which was pretty quiet to. Maybe more quiet. I know the M&P works with my hands. It would be a second choice, grip wise, to Tylers suggestion of the USP if it doesn't work with me.

Have you compared the M&P to any other platform. Other guns I've heard the can on are G19 which was pretty quiet and a Beretta 92 which was pretty quiet to. Maybe more quiet. I know the M&P works with my hands. It would be a second choice, grip wise, to Tylers suggestion of the USP if it doesn't work with me.

I have seen an FN 45 and an HK USP tactical fired with the same can and I couldn't tell any difference in sound between them. I don't think anyone else did either or they would have said something. I have a hard time holding on to the HK's because my hands are pretty small....same issue with the FN. The M&P fits very well and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. The unit I've got does not have the thumb safety and I prefer it that way. My buddies M&P did have the safety and it was in the way. We found that we were inadvertently bumping it on either with the thumb of the primary hand or with the offhand. Mine has the night sights and while I didn't order it that way I'm really glad they are there now. In low or no light the sights show up very well. I carry the pistol between my shop and house at night for critter protection so the night sights are a great feature. (a number of dog packs roam the area).

Hope that helps

Frank

I like the high capacity of the G21 (comparing to 1911). its the only host i have for my tirant but i like the setup. wet i dont really notice a pop. I shot a coyote with it at about 50 yards last fall. had to drop the whole mag but it did its job.

Are 1911's finicky when suppressed? Does suppressing them loosen them up?

Mine has been flawless and accurate as all can be. I haven't had any issues with anything loosening up or anything observed to make me worry about the use suppressed. The Storm Lake barrel I use on mine required a bit of fitting and locks up tight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394877651.448955.jpg

My Wilson has been flawless with a can. No reliability issues. Only reason I want another host is it's a pain in the ass to clean after shooting it wet.

I held the USP yesterday and it gripped like a SIG. I'm going to find a HK45 Tactical to try on. It has an adjustable back strap.

If the HK45 doesn't work it look like I may be getting a new 1911!

You can run a modern can on just about any .45 pistol with success. SIGs generally make some of the quietest hosts. But 1911, Glock, HK, FN, M&P, XD are run with .45 cans successfully all the time.

I have had a FNX 45T for a while and am waiting for the form 4 on the Tirant-45. Any tips or other comments to share?

Screw the can on to the end of the barrel and go have fun. Bring plenty of bullets for all your friends to shoot.

-J

Purely out of curiosity, how does the 45osprey hold up with 45LC ?
I've seen & heard of damage from long term 300blk (sub) use, so I never used it. Just wondering about how it would handle on a lever action I have