• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which 9mm can?

101stinfantry

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    AR
    Was originally go with a GemTech GM-9, but in light of their recent......difficulties, I'm not so sure I want to go that route anymore. Can needs to be F/A rated, but something I can use on a pistol too. I don't really care about it being user serviceable, and I'd prefer it be from an established company that is gonna be around for a while in case I need support.

If someone else could chime in!
    I am thinking about liberty mystic, rugged obsidian or sico hybrid 46.

Id hate to say AAC, but i like the one that retains your factory sights, I've been eye ballin that one.

Yeah, AAC is out. I'll never buy any of their products, just like I'll never buy a LaRue product. If your an over confident asshole, you don't need my money.

Dead Air Ghost M is pretty sweet. Mine is still in ATF jail but the reviews and YouTube videos we're hyping it up.

Was originally go with a GemTech GM-9, but in light of their recent......difficulties, I'm not so sure I want to go that route anymore. Can needs to be F/A rated, but something I can use on a pistol too. I don't really care about it being user serviceable, and I'd prefer it be from an established company that is gonna be around for a while in case I need support.

I have the SureFire Ryder 9 Ti and it is great on my 9mm pistol. Their website doesn't mention it being F/A rated or not.

Put a query in to Surefire on the Ryder, and I do like the look of Ghost. Thanks guys.

I’d encourage that you review lots of metered testing; and while it isn’t always easy from Youtube - look for DBs in the mid to high 120’s with good tone. Secondly, get the lightest one you can. Thirdly, has all of the attachment options you need / want (3 lug?). Lastly, something that you can take apart and clean. Several years ago an Octane 9mm was tough to beat. It is still pretty decent today.

Rugged Obsidian 45 is a sweet can. They just recently came out with the Obsidian 9, but I have no experience with that one, only the 45. Both are full auto rated, and modular so you can take a few inches and ounces off each one. In their full length configurations they are very comparable in size and weight, the 9 will shed a bit more length and weight when broken down into the K configuration. I use my 45 on an FNX 45 Tac, a HK VP9, and have put a few 300BO subs with my SBR. I have no complaints at all, love the can.

I would take a look at the dead air wolf 9-sd. It was made for sub-guns. I have been reading a lot about it and one guy said in the "k" configuration it was almost as quite as his octane 9 but in full length it was much quieter. You can even shoot 300 blackout supers through it. I have a ti-rant 9mm and a octane 45. I think the wolf will be my next 9mm pistol/sub-gun can. Plus i would like to try it on one of those wolf uppers in 9x39mm when they come out.

Rugged Obsidian 45 is a sweet can. They just recently came out with the Obsidian 9, but I have no experience with that one, only the 45. Both are full auto rated, and modular so you can take a few inches and ounces off each one. In their full length configurations they are very comparable in size and weight, the 9 will shed a bit more length and weight when broken down into the K configuration. I use my 45 on an FNX 45 Tac, a HK VP9, and have put a few 300BO subs with my SBR. I have no complaints at all, love the can.

Agreed, I have an Obsidian .45 in jail right now. Also have an Osprey .45. The pistons from the Osprey (of which I have numerous) can be used in the Obsidian. Rugged definitely got that right. They also make a nice, reasonably priced 3 lug mount/adapter. The Obsidian can be torn down and cleaned, the Osprey cannot.
    Shop around, I found a screamin’ deal on my Obsidian.

I run a Silencerco Omega 9k on my m11. serves double duty on my handguns as well. it's a super small silencer and only 4.7 inches and sounds great. if you want a larger can, the dead air ghost is fantastic. you can run it in long or short configuration.

I have both in stock, as well as others

I think the Omega 9k is a cool can from a size and tone standpoint, but I can’t understand for the life of me why anyone would want a non-user serviceable can to shoot pistol calibers from? Do you just plan to send it back to be torn open and cleaned after some time? Am I missing something here?

Now, for supersonic 300BLK that it’s rated for, talk about compact!

FishinGuns, as long as you aren't running bare lead projos through a can it isn't gonna have much in the way of build up in the can. At least in its serviceable life. IME, with a serviceable .22 can, its virtually impossible to remove the build up off the blast baffle w/o a blast cabinet anyway, and you'll likely remove material off the baffle with that anyway. If you think a piece of equipment that is subject to 20-50k psi, and extreme temps will last forever, your wrong. Hell, if I last long enough to plug it up, then yeah, not a big deal to send it back and have the internals replaced.

Reactions: FishinGuns
    Obsidian 45. I've had mine for about a year and love it. Quite and love being able to switch to K config. built like a tank.

Definitely have to have a 3 lug adapter, and 1/2X28 adapter. Is there any advantage to a mono core baffle stack?