• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors which AAC suppressor ?

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
Sent my AAC defender in for repair work, AAC told me if they could not repair it they would replace it with an evo45, well i already have an evo 45, so i asked if i paid the difference if i could up grade to a cyclone or 762sd and they said sure.

so for my msg90 clone which do you feel would be the better of the suppressors ?

cyclone, cyclone k, 762sd ? they are all about the same weight +/- 2 or maybe 3 oz, and i know every one that shoots honest precision rifles will say a thread mounted suppressor so that would knock out the 762sd.

I really hope they can fix the defender to be honest but just encase they cannot i would like your opinion

Re: which AAC suppressor ?

I have a 762SD and while it is a great can especially if you intend to use it on multiple host it is nowhere as good as the Cyclone for a precision rifle application. best of luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW that was pretty quick turn around time on the forms .....

Just how long was it? </div></div>

cyclone it is then. the suppressor on the form 4 has not been submitted yet, its still at the dealers, i figured i would send it in for the repair AND wait for it to get back before i did the form 4, that way if they cannot fix it i can do the form 4 on the suppressor they send me to replace the defender.

IF i had my way though i would hope they can repair the defender and i will get a cyclone later on or another type of suppressor for the 308.

What is the MSG90 threaded in? If it's anything like your run of the mill HK, a Cyclone or Cyclone K will not work since they are only threaded in 5/8x24, M18x1 (Sako TRG) and M18x10.5 (AI). The 762SD is more versatile since the 51tooth brake comes in a bigger selection of thread patterns. HK usually use some kind of metric thread and most of the time it's going to be left hand threads too. I think it's some odd thread like M13x1.5LH

Wait till after shot show they are coming out with an 762-SDN. I was going to get a 762-SD for my MA-TEN build and came across this . Lighter, shorter, quieter = sold. Whats a few extra months wait when you are talking about suppressors.

according to mike the suppressor is not lighter its the same, and its going to cost a good coin so ill stick with either the cyclone or the 762sd and at the same time prey they can fix the defender

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cookie the Swede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait till after shot show they are coming out with an 762-SDN. I was going to get a 762-SD for my MA-TEN build and came across this . Lighter, shorter, quieter = sold. Whats a few extra months wait when you are talking about suppressors. </div></div>

Not any different except length. It was designed for the 300 Blackout uppers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cookie the Swede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait till after shot show they are coming out with an 762-SDN. I was going to get a 762-SD for my MA-TEN build and came across this . Lighter, shorter, quieter = sold. Whats a few extra months wait when you are talking about suppressors. </div></div>

Not any different except length. It was designed for the 300 Blackout uppers </div></div>

You might want to check out what rsilver has said. It's not just a shortened 762SD.

his exact quote from a different post

"Naw, it is quieter on 308 also on every test I have seen. <span style="font-weight: bold">[/b]The reason why it is the same weight even though it is shorter</span> is that it is beefier and can work on full auto 308 down to 13 or so inches. It also has less effect on the host firearm's bolt velocity. Because it is all Inconel inside, it is more expensive. It seems to be an upgrade in every way except it costs a bunch more."

Thats what I said. Its slightly shorter..... all internals are inconel. Hence the price hike.

lets just hope the can get that defender suppressor back in the game, I would rather not get a 308 suppressor at this time, but if i have to then I think i will lean tword a thread mounted cyclone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey dummy, the defender is a centerfire can too ..... </div></div>

lol.... Ooops i fixed it.. haha what a jack ass

cyclone.

the 762 sdn is supposed to have one more baffle than the 762.

ya from what i have herd about the 762 and its poi shift i am a little nervous about buying it, the cyclone sounds better but maybe i should expand my horizons a little and look into elite iron suppressors or maybe the HVT or something else