• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which AICS for 22 nosler

tikkamike

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2011
Basin Wyoming
www.jmpumpshop.com
I am having a 22 nosler built. It will be in an MDT chassis, I am trying to find which magazine I need to purchase to run this round. I know in an AR they recommend the 6.8 SPC does someone make a 6.8 spc in an AICS mag? or is there something better suited?

223 or 308 are your options. valk guys are running normal 223 AICS mags whether MDT or accurate

I'm getting set up to run 220 Thunderbolt in a bolt gun (just waiting on my barrel from Keystone Accuracy). This is a similar length as the 22 Nosler.

I have two brand new AICS mags that I bought just for this because I figured that I would need to modify them. With no barrel in place the mag would hold and strip the shells no problem.

Gavin Gear on YouTube gave some specs for the Valkyrie magazine modification. I also bought a set of the the BR mag followers but I don't think I'll use them because I'm planning on running the 88gr or 90gr long.

Mike, I run a 22 Nosler in a MPA for a practice rifle. The best running mags that I have found are the MDT 223 polymer mags with the feed lips filed out a bit to get the round up a bit higher. This allows the bolt to pick up the rebated case head. I also run the MK machining extenders for these mags to fit 10+ rounds in the mag. Without the extensions you'll only get 8. I ran into binding problems with the 308 mags when they get dirty. One workaround could be using some .100 teflon tape on the interior of the magazine to squeeze the rounds to prevent binding. I tried that briefly before I went to the MDT mags. Hope this helps.

Mike, I run a 22 Nosler in a MPA for a practice rifle. The best running mags that I have found are the MDT 223 polymer mags with the feed lips filed out a bit to get the round up a bit higher. This allows the bolt to pick up the rebated case head. I also run the MK machining extenders for these mags to fit 10+ rounds in the mag. Without the extensions you'll only get 8. I ran into binding problems with the 308 mags when they get dirty. One workaround could be using some .100 teflon tape on the interior of the magazine to squeeze the rounds to prevent binding. I tried that briefly before I went to the MDT mags. Hope this helps.

That's some good reference info there, thanks @Roweswood