• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which ANSCHUTZ???

VYD

Ambush Hunter
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2010
Houston, TX
Gettin' ready for another rimmie and Annie gets on my mind most often. So I am asking those who have shot/owned/still own these two: Annie 1416 DHB and Annie 64 MPR. Can't make up my mind...and no I will not buy both, lol. MPR has a heavier and longer barrel, more weight so I know the specs but still wondering if my personal preference should be the only one making the decision.

Euro Optic has both of them.

Thanks.

Re: Which ANSCHUTZ???

I just bought a 64 MPR last week from ISS in Ft Worth, TX. He had 2 used and one new in stock plus a 1416 DHB and just about every other Anschutz ever made.

I was contemplating the same rifles you are. I settled on the 64 MPR because the stock is a little more versatile for position shooting and the trigger is awesome. The 1416 DHB is very nice but the trigger felt like a Glock with NY 10lb connector compared to the MPR, mine is 7 oz.

I then got a DIP 20 moa one piece rail and mounted a S&B scope on it.

Unless you are only going to hunt using a low power scope, then I would recommend the MPR.

I don't have a 64MPR, but i got the 1517, which is the .17 hmr. It is one of the best decisions I made when it comes on firearm purchases. Super accurate, I could put two mags (8 rounds) into the same hole at 50 meters consistently. I have been looking to retire my Savage .22 trainer for a decently priced used MPR. It's just how nice the system as a whole works. Trigger is excellent, bolt smooth... you won't regret it by getting the 64MPR.

I have an older 1516 model in 22 magnum. And it is one fine shooting rifle. It is actually one of the earlier ones when Savage was importing all the Anschutz rifles. I was just in the market for another 22 rifle. And the Anschutz was in the running. But the bottom line is I wanted to go American made, so I bought a Cooper instead. I think we have to start taking a stand with our dollars and buy American whenever we can.

Is the Anschutz a great rifle?? Yes-of course it is. But it is a German made rifle. And I can't think of much the Germans have ever done for us except kill my uncle, and imprison another one for the duration of a war.

This may sound a bit crass. But I think it is time we all put our country first. And try to buy American whenever we can get the same quality. And Cooper is the same qualtiy . Tom.

020.jpg

019.jpg

Buy on the merits of the product and it's suitability to purpose.

I don't have either of the models you mentioned but I do have a 1710 KL - beautifully made and superbly accurate. I am sure you won't go too far wrong whichever way you go......

Tom, hmm.... I don't know what is better, an "American" Ford made in Mexico or Toyota made in good ol' Texas??? My grand-dad was a POW in one of the German camps. It was a miracle he survived but he died in 1946 when my dad was only 8...My birth country lost 26 million of its citizens in WWII. Do I blame the Germans? Somewhat. No more than I blame Stalin. But the German people suffered as well; they were brainwashed, their country and man-power was destroyed and then divided by ideology for decades.

Thanks all...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGGHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an older 1516 model in 22 magnum. And it is one fine shooting rifle. It is actually one of the earlier ones when Savage was importing all the Anschutz rifles. I was just in the market for another 22 rifle. And the Anschutz was in the running. But the bottom line is I wanted to go American made, so I bought a Cooper instead. I think we have to start taking a stand with our dollars and buy American whenever we can.

Is the Anschutz a great rifle?? Yes-of course it is. But it is a German made rifle. And I can't think of much the Germans have ever done for us except kill my uncle, and imprison another one for the duration of a war.

This may sound a bit crass. But I think it is time we all put our country first. And try to buy American whenever we can get the same quality. And Cooper is the same qualtiy . Tom.</div></div>
To each his own, buy American if you want, buy German if you want, buy whatever you want but I don't think the Mod's will like it if this gets brought up again. Everybody has opinions on it but I think it's rediculous to hold currently living Germans accountable for the actions that their forefathers took. When I see that it makes me even more angry then when you hear a colored person say "is it because i'm black" to someone for something stupid like bumping into them on accident. And then we all have to realize that everybody is a person in this world, and nobody should be hated for anything they didn't have a part in. I'm of German decent, I'm also of Jewish decent (albeit barely any at all I think), as well as many other nations blood that courses through my veins but I bear no anger towards any nation for actions of the past simply because the generations of the present had absolutly nothing to do with it. It is sad to think of how many people out there still view Germany as Nazi's when in reality that is very far from the truth. They are just like you and myself. I do agree though that with our economy we as Americans need to start purchasing more of our own products but I'm no expert on economics.

Lets let this converstation either end now or continue through PM's as it isn't an appropriate place to discuss such matters. I'm more than willing to listen to your opinions on the topic and present my own but seriously, this isn't the place to do it. PM me if you wish to continue...

With all due respect,
-Dylan

I vote for the MPR I love mine. Just let someone borrow the scope off it a Burris so I could have an excuse to upgrade the optics. I really like the MPR.