• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which AR10 to get? ($3500 rifle budget)

308 rig in order..

I have $3500 to spend on an AR10 rig. What would you recommend? Larue, GAP, APA, DPMS Sass, LMT, POF?

1, Larue OBR 18 inch

2, POF 20 inch

3, scar 17 (with trigger work)

4 Sass (mags sucks)

5 Gap-10

6 Repr (never got it to group)

Had them all and still have one thru four.

I've been very impressed with my LMT MWS. Mine loves Hornady factory 168 and 155gr loads. Definitely capable of sub-moa.

For those suggesting an OBR here is a quote from today about what one person has gone thru trying to get and OBR from Larue.

QUOTE: "LaRue OBR 7.62
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my order for a Larue Tactical OBR. When I ordered I was told 6-18 weeks and it has since been 52 weeks. This morning I picked up the phone just for S&Gs and called Larue up. The phone was answered by a very nice lady who transferred me to the sales department. This phone was answered by one of the rudest bastards I have ever talked to. I asked about my rifle and he said there is no information on rifle ship dates. I said: so I could be looking at another year or more? He then regurgitated the same line as before about no info. I then said this would be the second deer season in a row, since I ordered, that I didn't have my rifle. This prick hung up on me. Talk about customer service.

I wish I had known last September what I know now. I would've ordered a GAP-10 and been shooting it for 6 months already. I will never buy another rifle from Larue tactical. They may make a nice rifle, but their business practices are suspect and their customer service is non existent (spelling correction)".

I'd look at the JP line, POF or the LMT MWS but agree with the comment the biggest bang for the money is the DPMS SASS.

Last edited:
GAP or JP. Larue's wait is just ridiculous these days but it's otherwise a great product. I've got a 5.56 Larue and shoots lights out. My GAP is really heavy but it'll outshoot every .308 AR I've shot. That includes an OBR and a Noveske N6. In fact, I sold my N6 in order to fund the OBR. That being said I'm considering trading it for a JP for the simple fact that the JP is lighter weight. Quality wise, you could probably flip a coin.

I have been hunting for a JP locally (in AZ) for quite a while with no luck. That will,be my next 308 AR.

I have been hunting for a JP locally (in AZ) for quite a while with no luck. That will,be my next 308 AR.

I'd just order one. Their wait isn't as bad as the others. I think it's only like 10 weeks which is nothing for a custom rifle.

JP's wait time is almost always less than what they tell you, they have some in stock right now.

JP's name was mentioned many times. Everyone in this forum and who knows anything about rifles already know that JP Enterprise is one of the BEST RIFLES on the market. People who own JP rifles will tell you that they are of the HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST ACCURATE, and MOST RELIABLE rifle they ever had or seen from a AR rifle.

JP's name was mentioned many times. Everyone in this forum and who knows anything about rifles already know that JP Enterprise is one of the BEST RIFLES on the market. People who own JP rifles will tell you that they are of the HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST ACCURATE, and MOST RELIABLE rifle they ever had or seen from a AR rifle.

Guess I dont know anything about rifles then... Why dont you educate me since you seem to know it all.

Any reasonable person would surely choose GAP-10. I can't believe people actually ask this question still. :)

I am going to have to go slightly off the mentioned and say the Scar 17s as it comes in at 8lbs is piston driven and is sub moa out of the box. I will admit that the trigger is pretty $hitty but for a few hundred more you can drop another one in. Of course if your budget is 3500 you will be saving 2500 more for an optic that will suit its abilities.

Hey what is the round count and what do the SR25 and REPR look like ? I might be interested, if You are serious. Thanks.

I've been faced with this decision before...Let me say it this way. I have a great deal on a SR25, REPR, POF, and LMT if your interested. My GAP10 isn't for sale!

+1 on the JP's, I had Armalite, LMT, and a REPR but like my LRP the best however ALL are good rifles, when you're spending that much, you're going to get a good product. You can come back here everyday and get all kinds of reasons (or opinions) on what to buy. I'd say buy the one you can get the best deal on.