• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Which Atlas?

Tango down

Minuteman
Dec 2, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
For PRS, which Atlas is the most appropriate, the Atlas BT65-LW17 CAL Gen 2 with QD Picatinny rail mount 4.75" to 9" or the Atlas BT46-LW17 PSR, 5" to 9" with ADM 170-S Lever?

I have cal's and a cal gen 2. Really like them.

Thistle and farmer103, you guys like the CAL Gen 2 better because of what? More rigid?

Their stance is a touch wider and they have adjustable cant.

For what it's worth, I run a CAL Gen 2 as well and love it!

Their stance is a touch wider and they have adjustable cant.

For what it's worth, I run a CAL Gen 2 as well and love it!

I like the wider stance of the CAL Gen 2. I also like the pan feature of the PSR. I believe the cant is adjustable on both the PSR and the CAL Gen 2.

Last edited:
I like the wider stance of the CAL Gen 2. I also like the pan feature of the PSR. I believe he cant is adjustable on both the PSR and the CAL Gen 2.

You are correct. Just checked and the PSR does have adjustable pan and cant tension.

I have a BT-10 and a PSR. I don't have much experience in the sport. The BT-10 I didn't like in the bipod stage I ran off a big spool. It felt fine in the prone tho. The legs spin and it felt like the rifle moved after the shot. Also the tension knob is a lil had to tighten and loosen on the fly.

My buddy has the Cal 2 and I really like the wider stance and the tension lever.

I've ran BT10, PSR, Cal gen 2 and SCAL. I use bipods 95% of the time when shooting prone, so all of them work. Yeah SCAL is the more stable option but it's not like PSR/CAL are not stable. It's possible that SCAl will be too wide if you decided to use bipod to shoot off of some kinda prop that is not wide enough, but personally I like using bags when shooting off props. CAL Gen 2 is a good all around option. Whatever you get I highly rec getting BTC-PRO instead of the ADM lever.

I've ran BT10, PSR, Cal gen 2 and SCAL. I use bipods 95% of the time when shooting prone, so all of them work. Yeah SCAL is the more stable option but it's not like PSR/CAL are not stable. It's possible that SCAl will be too wide if you decided to use bipod to shoot off of some kinda prop that is not wide enough, but personally I like using bags when shooting off props. CAL Gen 2 is a good all around option. Whatever you get I highly rec getting BTC-PRO instead of the ADM lever.

Can that rail be installed on a rifle that has an Anschutz rail?

Any reason to choose the bt-65 cal over the bt-69 tall cal? Seems like the extra adjustment of the taller version would be more useful in prs.