• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which B&C stock would I need and what bottom metal

MrOneEyedBoh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Maryland, USA!
I have a shilen Heavy barrel Remington 700. Right now I have an AICS 1.5 and looking to get a B&C. I dont think I can get into the thumb hole style stock. The AICS came with the gun when I bought it.

Is this the correct one I would need? I like the medalist Tact stocks. ( http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-108/mcmillan-a5-stock-tactical/Detail )

I would get it in the Varmint/HB model with the SA right?

Also I would need bottom metal. Any recommendations

Re: Which B&C stock would I need and what bottom metal

I must say, I think this is a first. Someone actually wanting to downgrade the quality of their stock.

I fully understand though, as the AICS chassis is a love/hate kind of thing.

I will say this, the B&C is a fine stock, but it is NOT nearly in the league of the AICS.
Also, it is hard to tell you which stock to get since yopu did not say if it is a short or long action.

As far as bottom metal goes, price is your guideline.
anywhere from 210 to 400 dollars bor bottom metal that will work with your AI mags. CDI, Hooper Ordnance, Badger and more.

My recommendation:
http://www.victorcompanyusa.com/viperskins.html

Allows you to keep one of the best chassis sysytems made and gets rid of the thumbhole. Sell your old skin to offset cost.

the A2 fits my AAC-SD's barrel quite well.

i would stay away from the wyatts detachable magazine system, i havnt used anything else but it feels cheap

This stock is quite nice for the price. Like fdkay said, I am not sure why you are downgrading from the AICS but if you don't like the look or feel of it for some reason go right ahead. Yea, assuming you have a SA caliber, then this stock is what you need. I have the same one on my heavy barrel Rem700 custom 300 win mag and it is a nice stock. I had it glass bedded but other than that it worked wonderfully.

What had happened is I bought an AICS from a guy on here and he never said that the stock was bedded. That would be all fine and dandy but he bought the stock used off of another member on here and installed his action ( now my gun ) onto this guys bedded AICS ( keep in mind the AICS was bedded to another rifle )

So with that all said and done, the AICS is bedded for another rifle. I have no idea on how to bed or remove the Devcon that is already on the AICS neither. So the AICS is pretty much useless to me. I dont want a refile that could marginally be acceptable. Sure the gun could out shoot me but I still would want the hardware to be 100% as accurate as it can be, so in the end the error is on me, ya know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrOneEyedBoh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a shilen Heavy barrel Remington 700. Right now I have an AICS 1.5 and looking to get a B&C. I dont think I can get into the thumb hole style stock. The AICS came with the gun when I bought it.

Is this the correct one I would need? I like the medalist Tact stocks. ( http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-108/mcmillan-a5-stock-tactical/Detail )

I would get it in the Varmint/HB model with the SA right?

Also I would need bottom metal. Any recommendations </div></div>

Don't know the profile of your barrel, but this stock is opened for the Rem Varmint profile. I had to open up the channel on the one I had because the barrel contour I have is the Shilen #7. I thought it was a good stock other than the weird feeling forearm. The adjustments was the selling point for me. Then I went to the AICS and won't go back.
As far as bottom metal, the only ones I've used are the HS Precision and the CDI. Going to get rid of the HS Precision because of their proprietary mags (expensive). I have two CDI's and am happy with them.
I'd also look into an HS Precision stock and fit it with a Karsten. I also tried this set up and liked it as well. Choices, choices. Too many can be a pain in the butt.