• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which Badgers for 40mm, 1inch tube?

Cinch

Team GFY
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Wyoming
I have a Remington SPS Tactical with a Badger 20moa base and want to mount a Leupold 6x18x40 on it. If I go with the lowest Badgers(.823) with ring reducers, will this be low enough? If not, who makes an equal quality ring that will work better? Thanks!

Re: Which Badgers for 40mm, 1inch tube?

Bullet proof and less expensive are Warnes. You can get QDs or put on stay on models. Solid steel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bullet proof and less expensive are Warnes. You can get QDs or put on stay on models.</div></div>Anything QD will QD, because it's built to QD. And you might want to watch for tolerances on the Warne stuff, meaning that if you go that route you may want to measure and lap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Remington SPS Tactical with a Badger 20moa base and want to mount a Leupold 6x18x40 on it. If I go with the lowest Badgers(.823) with ring reducers, will this be low enough? If not, who makes an equal quality ring that will work better? Thanks! </div></div>

I've used these rings and reducers with a 40mm obj, 1" tube Leupold on a Badger rail, all on a Rem700 and it worked great. Nice thing about Badger rings is you don't need to lap and in fact shouldn't, so unless the rail has been deformed on installation you shouldn't have any problems.

Thank you, my friends. That is just what I needed to know.