• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which bag / rest to start with?

bearring

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2020
Just wondering, knowing what you know now what Bag/rest should I start with for prs style matches? Original GC, GC pint size, Wiebad FC? Thanks

I've used a Tab Gear and Midway bag for years, Midway is starting to show signs of wear but TAB gear still going strong. I just ordered an ELR bag from Precision Underground who is a Hide member, he has a proprietary bag fill that is supposed to be amazing in the ELR series so I'm curious how I'll like it compared to my TAB, it should be shipping this week and will let you know what I think.

I started with a hybrid sticky game changer because it seemed like everybody ran a gamechanger. I ended up getting a mini fortune cookie with the heavy fill and I love it it’s my favorite bag. It just feels more stable than my game changer. If you can attend some matches and try different things and see what works for you

I use a game changer and a wax canvass solo sack from short action precision. I like the solo sack for barricades and I like the game changer for prone. If I had to choose only one, I would look into a heavy fill wax canvas game changer. I have also heard good things about the tri-corn bag from Cole tac

Reactions: bearring
Bags are really subjective, and there's lot's of great choices out there.

I really like the mini fortune cookie from Wiebad. It has ~90% of the stability of the full size fortune cookie, but in a smaller and lighter footprint.

I have so many rear bags and I haven't decided on what my favorite is. I've been using a small Traust rear bag lately, it's a nice size and I like the strap that can connect to a QD swivel cup on my chassis. It's very light and "airy", I almost think it could benefit from a slightly heavier fill, which is an easy enough fix.

I have way too many bags but for the last while have been using almost exclusively, for PRS:

- Warhorse Development Clede Yaga with Git Lite

- Armageddon Gear, Pint Sized, Low Vis Gear G2 spec sticky game changer

Both are excellent in their own ways. Clede drapes over anything while the Game Changer is a great rear bag and all round option and works well in tight barricade gaps.

I have way too many bags but for the last while have been using almost exclusively, for PRS:

- Warhorse Development Clede Yaga with Git Lite

- Armageddon Gear, Pint Sized, Low Vis Gear G2 spec sticky game changer

Both are excellent in their own ways. Clede drapes over anything while the Game Changer is a great rear bag and all round option and works well in tight barricade gaps.

When I first saw the Clede Yaga ~ $230, I wasn't ready to buy it, yet now I'm also $230 into different bags, and still thinking about the Clede. I bought a bunch of cole-tac bags since their arca backbone was a nice cost effective way for all their bags.

And yet, with the cole-tac bags I keep going back to my Wiebad Mini Fortune Cookie which I believe almost functions just like the Pint Sized Game Changer. It works as a rear bag well and it has worked on about every barricade I've thrown it on and feels pretty solid and sturdy. I haven't found a place where I found using the coletac Tricorne bag any more useful, and yet the tricorne has failed to stabilize on things where the barricade is pointing towards the target, like a Chair Back.

Where do you find using the Clede over the Gamechanger having an advantage?

Also all the "yaga" edition stuff, I was trying to find more info on it, and what I'd do with the additional qd sockets, etc.

Where do you find using the Clede over the Gamechanger having an advantage?
Also all the "yaga" edition stuff, I was trying to find more info on it, and what I'd do with the additional qd sockets, etc.

All good man, I use the Clede with the top strap for any fast moving barricade stages because I don't have to worry about moving the bag as it's still with the rifle. PRS Skills Stages off the 4 position barricade, it works well for that. TANK TRAPS it is absolutely the best thing for that in my opinion, legs go everywhere they need to and things settle down quickly. Ladders, I find the junction at the top where the legs meet is a bit wider in the Clede than other bags and the legs are more forgiving so the bag drapes well on most objects.

I really like the heavy waxed canvas bags but have seen a fair bit of heavy wear in the junctions and some failures so that has changed my opinion a bit as to whether or not that's the best fabric for the job. I understand bags are maybe a semi-consumable item (2-5 years perhaps?) but still, they're not cheap.

The Clede Yaga with Git-Lite is what I'm using, the 4 QD studs, you're either using the top strap or can remove it completely. I don't hang it from the rifle or anything like that. It still has the 4 handles which is another excellent feature. Overall, it's not heavy meaning it can be moved quickly, it's 4 legs drape well over objects, it is the best bag for tank traps that I have ever used, the rubber grip hypalon fabric in the junction and on the top now is an excellent feature that helps with traction. I use the GreyOps CNC chassis cut plate, with that and the AI AX front end, man it's stuper stable...

Not cheap, but very capable.

Armageddon Gear Game Changer. I use the Git Lite model for longer hike-and-shoots but I don't think it's quite as stable.

Reactions: 96C
You could always go to matches and try bags out, you'd save tons of money that way. Just go and say your a beginner and guys will basically throw bags at you. Just make sure after you shoot the stage, you hand it straight back to the guy and he's not the one hunting you down.

All good man, I use the Clede with the top strap for any fast moving barricade stages because I don't have to worry about moving the bag as it's still with the rifle. PRS Skills Stages off the 4 position barricade, it works well for that. TANK TRAPS it is absolutely the best thing for that in my opinion, legs go everywhere they need to and things settle down quickly. Ladders, I find the junction at the top where the legs meet is a bit wider in the Clede than other bags and the legs are more forgiving so the bag drapes well on most objects.

I really like the heavy waxed canvas bags but have seen a fair bit of heavy wear in the junctions and some failures so that has changed my opinion a bit as to whether or not that's the best fabric for the job. I understand bags are maybe a semi-consumable item (2-5 years perhaps?) but still, they're not cheap.

The Clede Yaga with Git-Lite is what I'm using, the 4 QD studs, you're either using the top strap or can remove it completely. I don't hang it from the rifle or anything like that. It still has the 4 handles which is another excellent feature. Overall, it's not heavy meaning it can be moved quickly, it's 4 legs drape well over objects, it is the best bag for tank traps that I have ever used, the rubber grip hypalon fabric in the junction and on the top now is an excellent feature that helps with traction. I use the GreyOps CNC chassis cut plate, with that and the AI AX front end, man it's stuper stable...

Not cheap, but very capable.

Thank you for all the information! I'll have to check them out in person once matches get up again. I also have only been shooting rimfire PRS and NRL22 so bags under recoil could behave differently than what I'm currently shooting off of.

I have this accessory that works for all my coletac bags that allows me to attach it to my arca rail -

1586126122805.png

Do you think the straps on the clede would attach to that? I guess with 4 QD sockets, I could probably jimmy up my own straps too.

I’ve ran an OG game changer for a couple years. I recently just switched to a heavy fill pint size game changer and so far seem to like it better.

I’ve played around with the git lite fill also and I tend to be less stable and have what almost seems like a slight bounce with it. Others have been successful with it though.

I’ll also echo what others have suggested. Go to a match and play with some bags before you buy. It’s easy to dump a couple hundred dollars on bags and then realize you should have went another direction.

Start with a gamechanger then you will decide to which way to head. You can always sell that gamechanger if you decide to go smaller or a different way.

Reactions: 96C
For those saying the git light fill is almost too light. Has anyone tried mixing the git light with regular fill for a middle ground weight fill? I don't even know if that is possible but just something I was thinking about.

I've tried a few and the waxed canvas pint sized game changer is, to me at least, the best middle ground and usable. It probably isn't the "best" option for most situations but will work for almost anything. It the closest to one size fits all to me. I want to get one in git lite fill for team and ruck type matches.

I like the pint size game changer as well because you can use it for most stages and also as a rear bag. Shoot some matches and borrow other peoples bags to get a feel for what you like.

Do the game changer and fortune cookie work well for tank traps?

Do the game changer and fortune cookie work well for tank traps?
These are a great series set to watch, and you can see where the bags will be beneficial. But to answer your question, yes for tank traps.

I started with a Warhose Development traveler bag and a Armageddon Gear Pint size GC. You'll be set with those two.

BT12-QK Accushot Monopod and BT72-LW17 Atlas Super CAL and you'll never have to look at another bag.

Reactions: Cbeacham
Do you shoot matches at all? I've never seen anyone use a monopod at matches.
Some at military matches, and some between veterans, although you are right I have seen only one, or two at PRS; mostly because the majority have no clue how to use it correctly, once you do you won't mind not lugging bags. I do realize that I'm in the minority though. I've only seen one decent video explaining the correct use.

It's too slow compared to a bag and not as versatile. No offense to you as I am military as well, but those matches are not on the same league as civilian prs matches. And shooting between veterans just means shooting with bros. Video was also in 2012 when this guy was learning like all of us. I'm pretty sure he now goes straight for rear bags.

Last edited:
I'm currently getting by with a pint sized gamechanger with heavy fill. I can use it on tank traps and barricades and also as a rear bag shooting prone or off a bench.

It's too slow compared to a bag and not as versatile. No offense to you as I am military as well, but those matches are not on the same league as civilian prs matches. And shooting between veterans just means shooting with bros. Video was also in 2012 when this guy was learning like all of us. I'm pretty sure he now goes straight for rear bags.
You adjust your height the way you need it when you first mount it after that you are set and it is all by twisting your wrist, more rigid than a squeeze bag, more stable. Looking for that bag and making sure you grab it, or to have it dangling from the stock with 550 cord is more irritating to me, but then again I'm used to using it, took a bit of getting used to at first, but you won't see any of my rigs without it now. It's all a matter of what you are used to and how proficient you are in using it. If monopods weren't around I'd be using the smallest squeeze bag I could find, or what we used to use, a stuffed sock; and for the forend still an Atlas bipod on a spigot mount to get it as far to the front as possible and a barricade stop on an ARCA rail. Beats the Harris to pieces.

Last edited:
You adjust your height the way you need it when you first mount it after that you are set and it is all by twisting your wrist, more rigid than a squeeze bag, more stable. Looking for that bag and making sure you grab it, or to have it dangling from the stock with 550 cord is more irritating to me, but then again I'm used to using it, took a bit of getting used to at first, but you won't see any of my rigs without it now. It's all a matter of what you are used to and how proficient you are in using it. If monopods weren't around I'd be using the smallest squeeze bag I could find, or what we used to use, a stuffed sock; and for the forend still an Atlas bipod on a spigot mount to get it as far to the front as possible and a barricade stop on an ARCA rail. Beats the Harris to pieces.
I know how to use it, but its slower when your trying to engage multiple targets at different levels. The rear pod is perfect when you have all the time in the world but people arent using them for a reason. I think once you shoot a couple of civilian prs/nrl matches you'll come to the same conclusion but everyone has their different experiences.

I like Wiebad's, Whiskey Charlie Mini Fortune Cookie (WCM Fortun Cookie) with the heavy fill. . Wile it is superior for steadiness supporting the forearm off a barrier, it can be difficult when using for a rear bad. When the bipod is extended into the higher positions and the rear bag must accommodate, the heavy fill tends to drain past your grip and settle into the bottom of the bag. This leavs your hand full of only bag material as you squeeze it. Is it workable? Yes, but less than desirable. The heavy fill also requires more grip strength to manipulate/maintain position, placing my arm in a less than a relaxed position in order to hold.

what I believe is a better compromise in Wiebad's bag line is the WCM Fortune Cookie with the light fill. It is just slightly less stable off barriers, but is great when used for a rear bag; manipulation with a single hand is less cumbersome, easier to position and easier to support the entire range of height.

BTW, both of mine have they "sticky" underside, which i recommend. So if I could only have one of the two, I'd choose the WCM Fortune cookie with the light fill............ I'm sure other manufacturers have similar options for their bags, and something to be aware of with them as well.

When folks mention a mix of the two materials, in a single back, i think what will occur, is the heavy (more fine) material will settle to the bottom of the bag. For example when laid on a 2x4, most of the light material will settle to the bottom of the ears. so while providing more weight to the overall bag and a better fit/contact to the the 2x4, i believe there will still be the wobble of the light material on top of the 2x4. I'm curious to see how it would work and might by a second heavy bag and mix some light weight media i have of my own. Rather than a 50/50 split, I am thinking more along the lines of 75 heavy/25 light ...... or so. The only place the light would improve the heavy bag, is when being used as a rear bag and i would just need it to settle on top of the heavy material, allowing easier manipulation and not seeping through my grip.

Reactions: stanley_white
I know how to use it, but its slower when your trying to engage multiple targets at different levels. The rear pod is perfect when you have all the time in the world but people arent using them for a reason. I think once you shoot a couple of civilian prs/nrl matches you'll come to the same conclusion but everyone has their different experiences.
If it is " slower when you are engaging multiple targets at different levels" then you don't know how to use it and you are still ratcheting the pod up and down, maybe even locking the disk, not bringing it up or down to different levels by simply rotating your wrist forward, or backward. I have seen very few who actually do know how to use the monopod, or if they understand it are willing to invest the range time to become proficient. If the bottom of the monopod rests solidly on the ground and is not in your hand that is not on the trigger there is someting wrong with the picture. Then again shoot what you are comfortable with and that gets you results, I'll stick with what I like and that gets me the better results someone has to support the bag industry that also procduces other useful products beside bags.

If it is " slower when you are engaging multiple targets at different levels" then you don't know how to use it and you are still ratcheting the pod up and down, maybe even locking the disk, not bringing it up or down to different levels by simply rotating your wrist forward, or backward. I have seen very few who actually do know how to use the monopod, or if they understand it are willing to invest the range time to become proficient. If the bottom of the monopod rests solidly on the ground and is not in your hand that is not on the trigger there is someting wrong with the picture. Then again shoot what you are comfortable with and that gets you results, I'll stick with what I like and that gets me the better results someone has to support the bag industry that also procduces other useful products beside bags.
Shoot some PRS/NRL matches and place at top 30% and I'll take your word for it. I don't want you to take this as a personal attack, just shoot some more at competitive levels and see if you have the same conclusion.

Shoot some PRS/NRL matches and place at top 30% and I'll take your word for it. I don't want you to take this as a personal attack, just shoot some more at competitive levels and see if you have the same conclusion.
Why can't you just state that you don't like it personally, period. No need to explain.

Why can't you just state that you don't like it personally, period. No need to explain.
Because I was you 3 years ago when I thought they were solid. Then I got my ass kicked in matches and saw that having a balled fist with pod under the rifle induces muscle tension into the rifle, especially if your shooting throughout the day or 2 day match. You have a lot of ego and I see that you don't like explanations, but that will change when you get an open mind and desire to progress. Matches will expose you to your skills, something many are afraid of.

Last edited:
There are from what I have seen, zero people using rear monopods in any of the national PRS matches in Australia. The conditions are too aggressive, getting dirt and shit in the fine threads and mechanisms will slow it down or kill it. Everyone defaults to a rear bag, guaranteed to work regardless of the weather.

If you can get it to work, excellent.

I shot 3 regional matches last year - I've gone through a number of bags. My top three right now are; the WieBad Pump Pillow (under elbow/taking up space), TAB Str8Laced (Rear/Small Bag), and a Sticky Game Changer OG (Barricade/prop bag).