• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which base and rings??

lrkcs332

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2011
Spring Creek, NV
Hey guys! I am buying the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP but I don't know a whole lot about bases and rings. I'm not sure what all information you need to know about my setup, but I am wondering which to buy. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Re: Which base and rings??

I prefer a steel base with Alloy rings myself. Seekins would be a good way to go I also like the Leupold Mark 4 Alloy rings are nice but the Steel one need some work. I really like Nightforce and Badger rings also.

Mike @ CST

What are you going to be using the set up for, long range, bench shooting, hunting, casual gun range? What type rifle do you have?

The setup I am building is for long range primarily. Thanks for all your responses so far

Seekins are great, and have a much nicer finish than the Badger's but I prefer the Steel Badger's just because the steel rings ramp up in torque much faster. The screws into the aluminum take some twisting to get up to spec.

I like the Mark 4 for their built in 15 MOA if your building it for distance. You can't go wrong with some Nightforce rings as well. Buy right, buy once.

www.americanrifle.com

Best rings on the market IMHO. Seen these cranked down to 50inch pounds and not leave a single mark on the tube. Plus they compensate for off spec rails. Lighter and stronger than steel. What more do you need?