• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Binos for PRS?

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
I know this has been beat on a few times but I have narrowed it down to 3. I sold my spotter and want to transition to Binos. I have Swaro SLC glass for hunting but I don't think I need the really good low light glass for PRS but I don't want junk either. As much as they get abused and knocked around, warranty is also a concern and that's where the Razor HD 12x50 get in, my only concern is 12x isn't enough magnification. My other choices are the new Bushnell Forge 15x56 and the Meopta Meostar 15x56 which are obviously the most expensive. I have used the Meoptas and they are as close to Swaro as you can get to me. I haven't looked through the Forges at all, so those I need some feedback on if possible. I can get a nice discount on those as well, so they are way cheaper than the other two pair.

I just hate to beat around a set of SLCs. I have been behind the Meopta and they are as close to Swaro as you can get in my opinion. Don't know about their warranty though.

Reactions: Mxridr
Love my meoptas can’t tell much difference from swaros except bad weather conditions

If you are comparing the SLC 15x to the Meopta B1 Plus 15x, here are some slight differences (outside of the eye of the beholder factor, which is the greatest factor regarding glass)

1. SLC will have a slightly wider field of view (234ft SLC - 221ft B1 Plus)
2. Light transmission (93% SLC - 88% B1 Plus)
3. Cost (Meopta’s can be found hundreds less than the SLC’s).

Weight shouldn’t really be a factor since they will be on a tripod anyway.

I've had good luck with Cannon image stabilized binos. I don't know how rough on your gear you are but mine have held up pretty well.

If you have 10x now, why are you concerned that 12x won't be enough?

I think it matters what you plan to do with them at PRS matches. I range just fine with my 10x binos and can find targets with them, but for spotting hits, seeing trace, and making calls, I use a spotting scope at 30x or higher.

Meoptia has treated me well in the past. I had a rifle scope that ended up with a floating reticle and after I sent it back they sent me a new one back!

I've been really happy with my Forge 15s, but I have a lot of time behind the Swaros - and honestly, I don't think you'd be hurting yourself running the Swaros at matches.

Reactions: Stoweit
I have the forge 15x. The image quality is very good. The build quality leaves a bit to be desired. Mine are getting loose after around a year of use. If you have the cash to spring for the swaros, I would do it.

I know they seem to be the gold standard, but the used pair of 15x Swaro's I just acquired did not disappoint at yesterdays match. This is the first pair of optics I have been able to see bullet trace consistently.

Reactions: bunsen27
I run the Meopta 10 x 42 without much difficulty but I would like to go up to the 15 just for the extra magnification on long-range stages. When I do I will shop around for the slc's. I think on a good day the difference is very small but I notice the most when the mirage gets heavy, then the slc's really shine.