• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

which bipod?

Depends on the rifle system. Standard size rifles, you really cannot go wrong with a Harris, Atlas PSR, or Modular Evolution. For larger rifle systems, the Atlas 5H or Elite Iron are great options.

Here is a video we did

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X2UHXPvUOr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The use of the bipod matters, choosing the right bipod is about application. If you are shooting prone only and don't mind the size, the best bipod is the Elite Iron Revolution. If you want to cross over and use it under more conditions, I like the Atlas. Bigger rifles get larger, heavier bipods, movement and tight spaces get a smaller bipod

It's a personal choice, but consider the majority of your application.

Ive been running ATLAS for several years, they are awesome. Got the PSR model when it came out, and there is no way im selling it.

I really think the 6-9 Harris swivel with notched legs does work well. I like how it has a spring that preloads the legs and you just push the button with the legs depressed and the legs pop all the way out, making them easy to adjust unlevel surfaces. Can be done one handed very quickly.

Kinda depends on budget as well, you can get I Harris 6-9" SBRM for about $120 give or take or an Atlas for a pic rail for like $250 and one for a AICS spigot mount for $300. These prices for the Atlas may have changed since I got mine. I have shot both prone and I would say both have their place. The Harris is a bit lighter and the Atlas is a bit heavier. Atlas has the durability advantage for sure.

All in all if I had the cash to get an Atlas I would buy one to move between rifles. If you want a great bipod that is a bit lighter and not as heavy duty. Harris is the way to go. I own both 3 Harris SBRM's and a Atlas on my Savage 10 308 AICS chassis(spigot mount).

Forgot to mention,I have a Bell Carlson wide stock if this will make a difference in deciding which bipod to get?

I own two bipods that I can recommend:
-First is the Evolution Bipod (carbon fiber legs) that I use for my centerfire rifles.
-Second is the Atlas V8 B10 that I use for my rimfire rifles.
-If I had the extra money I would take the Spartan 300 before either one of them.

Of course Lowlight nailed it on the head. If you need to be more mobile for competition or something similar the Atlas is great. I just picked up one the Elite Iron bipods and its awesome, but its bigger and heavier so if you are moving and working in tight spaces it may not be optimal for your scenario. All of the bipods have options for mounting on almost any stock/chassis so really you can get the bipod of your choice and make it work.

I've gone away from using bipods to shooting off of a barricade bag instead. Our range has concrete tables and the bag helps me manage the recoil better. I found that in more practical scenarios the bipods are pretty useless and just extra weight on the gun so I ditched them.

ATLAS for certain. I have a 5H that is dedicated on my AI AT and a PSR that is moved across my other rifles.

They make great products.

Larue modified Harris. 9-13. 13.5-25 for high positions when u don't have a tripod. 6-9 is only good for concrete range use.

Larue modified Harris. 9-13. 13.5-25 for high positions when u don't have a tripod. 6-9 is only good for concrete range use.

Hmm, I have a harris 6-9 and an atlas, I rarely ever use the harris or the atlas extended full length and I don't shoot off concrete very often.

Hmm, I have a harris 6-9 and an atlas, I rarely ever use the harris or the atlas extended full length and I don't shoot off concrete very often.

Where do you shoot that doesn't have vegetation or rolling ground in your way using a low bipod?

Where do you shoot that doesn't have vegetation or rolling ground in your way using a low bipod?

1000 yard range, dirt and gravel, steel range, gravel, concrete, various barricades. 95% of the time I haven't needed anything else. At the Arizona PRS match I used a tall bipod once for targets that were very high on a steep hill.

Been using atlas for a while. love how the feet grip, can really load it!

.... I found that in more practical scenarios the bipods are pretty useless and just extra weight on the gun so I ditched them....

great point. bipods should be useful in all positions or whats the point.

stay tuned as the kinks are ironed out on this bad boy. Will be called the Ckye-Pod. I have been lucky enough to use a prototype for the past year to figure things out...
It goes lower than an Atlas on 45. higher than an Atlas with extensions, Very useable.
Very close to production. So im told haha.
keep updated for official launch...

Regards,
DT

Attachments

• photo77277.png
    photo77277.png
    247.9 KB · Views: 60
  • photo77279.png
    photo77279.png
    231.6 KB · Views: 62
Any bipod you want as long as it's an Atlas or Harris (maybe an LRA for a really heavy rig). ;)

I’ve been running the Atlas prs for about a year and like a lot more that the Harris 6-9 pivot i was running.

Anyone recommendations on the Larue QD mount vs ADM option for a PSR Atlas? Have never handled either one so not sure if one is recommended over another. Both at same price from what I can find.

still looking at them. I see some guys using those that Sinclair sells..those wide things. kind of pricey though...

A buddy of mine has one of these and is extremely happy with it for his applications. For the coin they want for them I'm probably sticking with Atlas.