• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which bottom metal to go with

txgunnertx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
weatherford tx
I am ready for some bottom metal for my creedmoor, and wondering if there is any that is liked better than the others. The main ones I'm looking at are CDI, Badger, and Seekins. Don't know if there are any others or not

So are there any big differences in them

Re: Which bottom metal to go with

I like PTG myself.

We have a special coming out in a few days . Stealth detachable, 3 position safety and tactical trigger in one cost cutter and the other will be just the stealth long or short at 99 bucks. Thanks Dave

The PTG is real good and the price is even better!

Whats wrong with Surgeon? That would be my choice...

Apa and surgeon are my favorites but badger seekins rad ptg are all very nice. Just depends on buget and where/how you like your mag release

Interested to see mr kiff's special

does anyone have a side by side comparison of pro's and con's?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a special coming out in a few days . Stealth detachable, 3 position safety and tactical trigger in one cost cutter and the other will be just the stealth long or short at 99 bucks. Thanks Dave</div></div>

Where will this be available?

I'm very interested in this deal as well.

As am I. I'd definitely get one.

I have badger, ptg, and surgeon. All are excellent but with subtle differences. A lot depends on personal preference, what stock your after and what is inletted for.

I have an A5 that has a bdl inlet, that was as far as I could go when I built it, and now starting to look for dbm.

My biggest question is having the mag pushed up against something, will it effect feeding. That's my main concern as well as how tuff is the release lever. It will ride around it the truck and double as a hunting rifle so will be used pretty hard.

I like the surgeon with how it drops down at the front and rear and gives a pressure point not against the mag

Pushing mag against something ( ie. barricade) can definitely cause feeding issues. The PTG stealth also has a lip around the mag well. Badger m5 does not. It sits flush with the bottom of the stock.

The release levers on badger and ptg are similar. They sit behind mag and release with forward pressure. They are both plenty tough,but by virtue of their design they can be accidentally released. Surgeons release design makes this less likely in my opinion.

PTG and spend the money you saved on ammo or components.

I am surgeon fan myself I believe it would run your 6.5 pills through the mags fine I run some long 308 in one of my rigs it is a XCR compact tactical and that thing loves to be close to the lands and anyone who owns a factory barreled remmy they do have long throats.

I just ordered a Defiance DBM. Can't beat the 50% off special that's going on right now. I never like the padal type mag releases. My other choices would be APA and Battle Arms (R+D)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strike33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered a Defiance DBM. Can't beat the 50% off special that's going on right now. I never like the padal type mag releases. My other choices would be APA and Battle Arms (R+D)</div></div>

These require stock and action modifications for them to work. They are not a drop in to any action unless they are cut for the DBM. Stock will also need to be modified as the DBM has a piston type housing on the back side and the stock needs cut to accomidate it.

absolutely correct. Small plunge cut in the bottom of the action to accommodate the piston. having the action trued and machined so thought; what the hell. Manners said they run the inlet for it as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a special coming out in a few days . Stealth detachable, 3 position safety and tactical trigger in one cost cutter and the other will be just the stealth long or short at 99 bucks. Thanks Dave </div></div>

When and where can I order this . Will def. buy one , maybe two !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strike33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">absolutely correct. Small plunge cut in the bottom of the action to accommodate the piston. having the action trued and machined so thought; what the hell. Manners said they run the inlet for it as well. </div></div>

If you are ordering a action from Defiance they will cut it at no charge when making the action for this DBM. They are pretty sweet.....thats why i bought 2 of them to hold onto for future use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a special coming out in a few days . Stealth detachable, 3 position safety and tactical trigger in one cost cutter and the other will be just the stealth long or short at 99 bucks. Thanks Dave</div></div>

is there a list i can put my order in advance?

if not, where do we order it from?

i have credit card in hand for a short action...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a special coming out in a few days . Stealth detachable, 3 position safety and tactical trigger in one cost cutter and the other will be just the stealth long or short at 99 bucks. Thanks Dave</div></div>

is there a list i can put my order in advance?

if not, where do we order it from?

i have credit card in hand for a short action... </div></div>

YEA......what he said. I want the drooling to stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a special coming out in a few days . Stealth detachable, 3 position safety and tactical trigger in one cost cutter and the other will be just the stealth long or short at 99 bucks. Thanks Dave </div></div>

Details please... I've got an AAC-SD that really needs an upgrade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade-19</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a special coming out in a few days . Stealth detachable, 3 position safety and tactical trigger in one cost cutter and the other will be just the stealth long or short at 99 bucks. Thanks Dave </div></div>

When and where can I order this . Will def. buy one , maybe two ! </div></div>

Not sure but this maybe the M5 Stealth listed at Stocky's currently at $119

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-610/M5-Stealth-DM-M24/Detail

Tried to to PM Kiff, but it says he does not accept PMs . Sure hope he remembers to update this thread !

Manners Mini DBM in a T2 is what should be at the house in a week or two. When they say 16 weeks...they mean it.

Bjork

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 402</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surgeon!!!!! </div></div>

+1 Surgeon is good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade-19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any word on PT&G special yet ?</div></div>

I looked to see if their was something on his site and did not see anything. I would guess that when it goes down he will post something here or elsewhere for all to see i am thinking. Some great stuff for sure as i bought 1 a month ago from stockys. The quality is as nice as anything out their and i am ready to pull the strings on a few when i see the green light.

Yeah, I was going to buy one from Stockys until I saw this post . Just waiting for the special and I will grab 1 or 2

I was out sick . I will get it posted on the PTG site. This week .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was out sick . I will get it posted on the PTG site. This week . </div></div>

Now were talking, great news.

Handled Badger and CDI, Badger is twice the quality, no comparison. Otherwise it all depends what style release you prefer and how much it protrudes out the bottom of the stock.

I just bought a DBM off of PTG's website, under specials, they have it for $75 LA or SA. Good this week only. I only bought one because I've never used them before and am always cautious of quality, and of course by the time I see it the sale will be off. Regardless, I'm excited as I've never used a DBM before but am planning on one with my new build.

They are on the specials site. You wont believe the price.

pacifictoolandgauge.com or 541-826-5808. Ask for sales