• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which bottom metal to go with

Re: Which bottom metal to go with

Just placed my order.

I also bought a Badger DBM just for comparison, as I have ZERO experience with DBM. I sure hope the PTG is nice, because $75 is a smoking deal, even the regular price is really good. Hope the flush mount DBM goes on sale sometime as well, as I'd like to have one of those as well, think they look a little cleaner.

I like my CDI. It may not be a Badger but it was affordable and has give me zero problems.

I am going with badger and ship tomorrow. That is what is on our issued guns and with thousands of rounds shot have not seen and issue with their set up.

How come I don't see the special promotion deal for Stealth short action DBM on your website?

Thanks,
Cal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a special coming out in a few days . Stealth detachable, 3 position safety and tactical trigger in one cost cutter and the other will be just the stealth long or short at 99 bucks. Thanks Dave</div></div>

We have a few left from the over run that are in the trigger, safety and stealth bottom metal sale on the sales page but the 400 singles sold in two days. Next run I will have the same sale until then they are back to 99 to 129 bucks. Thanks Dave

Wonder if we have to wait for these to get machined or if they're already made and shipping?

Well check my post that says order in just a few up . Mine showed up today !!!!

Wow! I think we ordered the same day, and I'm not so lucky. Hmmmm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a few left from the over run that are in the trigger, safety and stealth bottom metal sale on the sales page but the 400 singles sold in two days. Next run I will have the same sale until then they are back to 99 to 129 bucks. Thanks Dave </div></div>

Damn, how did I miss the boat on this? Stupid sleep...

Thanks for doing this PTG!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strike33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered a Defiance DBM. Can't beat the 50% off special that's going on right now. I never like the padal type mag releases. My other choices would be APA and Battle Arms (R+D)</div></div>

These require stock and action modifications for them to work. They are not a drop in to any action unless they are cut for the DBM. Stock will also need to be modified as the DBM has a piston type housing on the back side and the stock needs cut to accomidate it. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strike33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">absolutely correct. Small plunge cut in the bottom of the action to accommodate the piston. having the action trued and machined so thought; what the hell. Manners said they run the inlet for it as well. </div></div>

I stopped by Defiance Machine (I'm local to them) and spoke with Mike for a good long time. I took a hard look at their bottom metal and it is absolutely a tier 1 component. I like Defiance's DBM's smooth lines as much as I like American Precision Arms DBM, which is the design standard by which I measure all DBM's.

Yes, there are two slight adjustments that my gunsmith will have to make when installing this on my next build. One small cut on the bottom of the action, plus cutting the footprint in the stock for the bottom metal. But minor adjustments they are indeed! Both could be done easily enough with a dremel tool and a cold beer (if I was willing to do a home-brew hack job on a rifle.) But for a real gunsmith who's already going to true the action & bolt and inlet the stock for bottom metal anyway? The work is a no-brainer!

Oh yes, and the fact that this Defiance DBM was only $155 (magazine NOT included) just stunned me! Such excellent quality and reputation for a cost-conscience build. It is much better than I could have hoped for!

IMO - get this bottom metal while you can.