• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Which bullet you using - .300 win mag

I bought several hundred of the 212gr ELDx pills on sale over a year ago. I'm running these over 77gr of H1000 and they shoot very well out of my R700 5R barreled action. FWIW, I'll likely switch to 300PRC when I re-barrel and run the same powder+pills.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
I just bought a newer version of the Remington 5R with the tan/black stock. I had 8 rounds of RL17 so I loaded 66 grains first and got 2800FPS with a .4- 5 shot group. Went up to 67 grains in small increments and got 2885FPS with a touch smaller 5 shot group all with the 208 Amax. I need to find some more of these bullets. Used a 215 primer and Federal brass. I have a lot of other powders but wanted to try the RL17. I could push it a lot harder but with the AP Fat Bastard brake and the decelerator pad, my wife can shoot it comfortably and she is not a very big girl.