• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Which chassis??? (<$800 with folder)

AK4900PA

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2013
I've looked over the different offerings and narrowed it down to these 3...

McRee G5 TMAG Model 6, Compact Folding Rifle Stock

XLR Element with XLR Tac Lite stock and folding stock adapter

MDT LSS with XLR Tac Lite stock and folding stock adapter

Which chassis setup would you guys recommend and why?

They are all close enough in price to be a non-issue.
The MDT would be the lightest at 3lb 12oz, the XLR comes in at 3lb 15oz and the McRee at a rather portly 4lb 12oz.
This chassis will be holding a 16.5" SPS Tactical in .308

I appreciate any advice or experience you guys would like to share with me. I have the cash ready to go, but I just can't seem to make a decision.

I couldn't be happier with my xlr chassis. My one gripe is that if your running the cheek piece high you have to lower it via allen wrenches to insert a cleaning rod. Cant say anything about the others.

I couldn't be happier with my xlr chassis. My one gripe is that if your running the cheek piece high you have to lower it via allen wrenches to insert a cleaning rod. Cant say anything about the others.

With a folder, that problem goes away...

Third eye tactical makes a pretty nice one too. Thanks. I didn't even think about that.. the folding adapter may be on order.

Got my XLR Element and it's awesome. I also have used a McRee in the past and really like those as well. Between the two I really can't decide but I would say XLR has my vote.

XLR Element with folder- hands down- great people with a great product.
These folks shoot competitively and, unlike a few other personalities in the stock business, answer their phone and emails.
McCrees are decent but they're heavy.

I'm leaning towards the XLR at this point. Probably going to give it another month to see how others are liking them.

4yre6are.jpg

XLR Element with folder- hands down- great people with a great product.
These folks shoot competitively and, unlike a few other personalities in the stock business, answer their phone and emails.
McCrees are decent but they're heavy.

Had the Mcrees folder for about a year and just got the XLR element. Both high quality but the XLR is noticeably lighter. Really no comparison in my opinion... I've got a mcrees for sale if anyone wants it. I'll be posting it this week after I can take some pics.

eruda7ys.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using a McRee of a couple of yrs now and it works great. I've even swapped barreled actions with no shift in POI. As for the weight since I shoot supported, I figure it helps with the recoil.

Like I said, I'm partial to the XLR Element!
Just arrived Tuesday. I transferred the Rem 700 from the AICS and had the ergonomics adjusted in 15 about 15 minutes.
Stupidly ordered without the folder....that's being corrected next week.
i-VHFFgjh-XL.jpg

I have 3 XLR chassis. My 6 Creedmoor PRS rifle is in an Evolution with a folder. My 223 Trainer is in an Element. And my 300 Norma Mag is in a Carbon.

I absolutely love the chassis and have had zero issues with them.

My Element down there has the new tube. No castle nut.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/SPqCBrk.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/nY0mqJA.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
I have 3 XLR chassis. My 6 Creedmoor PRS rifle is in an Evolution with a folder. My 223 Trainer is in an Element. And my 300 Norma Mag is in a Carbon.

My Element down there has the new tube. No castle nut.

How is the buffer tube and chassis fastened? Looks awesome without a castle nut for sure.

I haven't had a chance to play with it and see what makes it tick. But I believe it simply threads in and has and allen head tension screw underneath.

And another nice pro tip is to find a rubber o ring like you see on the cheekpiece bolt on my Evolution. That rubber ring keeps the stock from dinging up the chassis when it's in the folded position. It cost .70 cents.

MPA BA Lite with the folder option is right at around $800 and weight in at 3.5 lb - Give Josh at PVA a call.