• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which chassis for the T1X

Bayou1535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
MW
I've had a t1x in 17hmr sitting idle since Whitaker started shipping them awhile ago (can't even remember how long) and I'm trying to decide on a chassis. I have it narrowed down to either a krg or a mdt. I looked at the mpa but I'm not going to go through the process of milling it myself or having it done. For those that have either of the two, let me know what you like/dislike and if you would go a different route. I already have glass and I'm ordering a egw 20 moa rail but will still need rings. Thanks

Another option... I put mine in a Krg X-ray and love it. Didn’t need any milling but did need some modifications (filing part of the mag-well where it screws to the action, not using the screw for the mag-well to action, not using the screw for the trigger guard). Been meaning to make a post about it, will probably get to it this weekend.

I've got my T1x in a KRG Bravo. Really nice in terms of ergonomics and accessories, but the only challenge has been getting it weighted heavy enough to replicate my full-size PRS rig. Loading it down with every accessory possible (rear spacer weights, T-slot weight, barricade block, arca spigot, bipods, arca rail, MDT MLOK weight) and a PST Gen II, got it to weigh about 16 lbs, and upwards of 18 lbs with a Grayops Mini Amp plate + Armageddon Gear amp bag.

18 lbs is about the limit of what I could realistically get it, which might be the only challenge with the stock setup. If you change out the barrel to a full MTU profile, you'd probably be up 20+ lbs.

Reactions: Sdavis190
Most T3/T3x chassis will fit the T1x with some minor mods around the magwell area.

MDT are also inletting several chassis specifically for the T1x, hard to go past an Oryx

D96694BD-B58B-4CDA-B0A4-3F97F3CFEBD0.jpeg

I've run both MPA and a manners with mini chassis. The MPA was great but now sits around my gun closet as it was replaced by the manners. Absolutely love my manners. I also run an AI at work. Not a fan at all.

I was unaware that mdt did more than one t1x inlet, I thought they only had the lss-rf. I was made aware of the pdc from rimfirecentral and that looks like a great alternative. I especially like the exposed mag-well as far in the mag release.

I have mine in a KRG Bravo and absolutely love it! Comfortable for offhand shooting and plenty of options for rails, bipod and so forth.

I have a T3x in a MDT ACC.. wondering if the T1x would fit in there.. I would think it would.

I have a T3x in a MDT ACC.. wondering if the T1x would fit in there.. I would think it would.

It will fit. Have my t1x in one and love it.

You only have to take the mag release and spring out