• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Chronograph

Re: Which Chronograph

Buy once cry one PVM-21 best chrono on the market!!

I hear you alot of $$$ but by far the best chrono i have ever used!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nomad thats alot more crying than I care to do lol.

I'm looking hard at getting the CED. </div></div>

Do you want accurate data or not? Had the CED...data quite honestly was crap.

Oehler if you can find one. They show up here every now and then or a CED is ok if you keep an eye on sun position.

RangeBenchSav99s.jpg

I shot a shooting chrony with 9mm
I shot a shooting chrony with 45LC
I shot a pro chrono with a 380.

I have been just shooting rifles over my pro chrono for 5 years, and it works much better than the shooting chronys that only triggered half the time.

I don't bother with those sticks or skylights, I would just shoot them.

I use binoculars to read the display, and write it down after every shot, as well as the location of the hole I just made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clark is that the Issaquah range? </div></div>Yes, the benches are distinctively shaky. If you can shoot well there, you can shoot well anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy once cry one PVM-21 best chrono on the market!! </div></div>I want one of these but am getting a Vector range finder first .These chronys look like the buisness .I have a ced currently but have differeing results depending on light -anyway Dogtown shot mine a few weeks ago so Im stuffed at the mo

Regardless of what chronograph you get, don't try to use to to get a muzzle velocity from your potato gun. I blew up my old Shooting Chrony trying to see how fast my big gun could launch a spud and while it wasn't a great expense, it was awfully embarassing...
cry.gif
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oehler if you can find one. They show up here every now and then or a CED is ok if you keep an eye on sun position. </div></div>

Oehler 35P.
You don't have to search for them now. They are back making and shipping regularly. I got mine about 6 months ago direct from them at a cost of $595 delivered. Sounds high I know but it comes with printer, extra paper, sky screen tripods, etc all in a nice hard case.

I have the ProChrono and the Shooting Chrony, prefer the ProChrono.

I really like my CED M2, it's simple and easy to set up, I like the buttons for Avg, ES, and SD, when I break it or shoot it a PVM21 will replace it.

NOMAD, I think you are the only one I've seen with two top tier chrono's.

Have you ever set them up in series to see how the readings match up. Given the Oehler 35P seems to be a std with ammo manufactures, I'm going to guess that they read similar, but that features, ease of use, etc differentiates them for you?

I have a few ProChrono Digitals that are easily portable, easy to set-up, and work fine for general range and class use.

Chronys are good, and cheap.

PVM-21 if you want the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
RangeBenchSav99s.jpg

I shot a shooting chrony with 9mm
I shot a shooting chrony with 45LC
I shot a pro chrono with a 380.

I have been just shooting rifles over my pro chrono for 5 years, and it works much better than the shooting chronys that only triggered half the time.

I don't bother with those sticks or skylights, I would just shoot them.

I use binoculars to read the display, and write it down after every shot, as well as the location of the hole I just made. </div></div>

Love the 99.