• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Dead Air Armament suppressor mount muzzle device would you choose, and why ?

Biggy

Minuteman
Jul 25, 2005
New Knoxville ,Ohio
Which Dead Air Armament suppressor mount muzzle device should I choose for my 18" inch long 6.5 Creedmore barrel AR10 ? I will be getting one of their suppressors at some point. This is not for a games or match use. If their brake is to loud, I do not want it, if it is *about* 1/2 as loud as the Surefire muzzle brake, then maybe. Does one affect a rifles accuracy more than the other one, unsuppressed ? Also will they both perform to a somewhat lesser degree when using a .308 caliber muzzle device on a 6.5 barrel ?

Last edited:
Its a muzzle break, it's going to be loud at the shooters ear regardless of the brand. That being said it's also a mount for a suppressor (a damn good repeatable mount). The 3 chamber break is a great sacrificial baffle for the can and supposedly is ever so slightly quieter than the 3 prong flash hider. I have a break on my 11.5 in Noveske and I rarely shoot without the can. The break does have a set of ports that blow forward to "disrupt the blast of the 3 chamber break", but with out a can on a 11.5 in sbr I can straight up feel that shit in my teeth and sinus cavities.... but it does keep the recoil down and the barrel flat. BTW they do include a break or flash hider with the can. As to the other questions, email dead air, they have great customer service and answered 2 emails promptly and called me on another email and I shot the shit with the guy for about 20 min (had questions about their mounting system for silencerco cans).