• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which drag bag do you use?

Tony1320

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Which drag bag do you use and how do you like it? Did a fair bit of reading and I'm looking at the Voodoo Tactical or Eberlestock for when I'm not using my Pelican. I'll be using it for my 6.5x47 with a 26" barrel.

I pack fairly light. mag, ammo, databook, ear pro, rear bag, shooting mat sometimes

If you've got more money than brains? Not sure if this is worth $500+ but you can use it to float at the pool.

https://airarmortech.com/product/long-gun-case/?attribute_pa_color=coyote

airarmortech-long-Gun-Case-coyote.jpg

Tac Ops drag bag is hard to beat, two lengths are offered and has a shooting mat.

I picked mine up from Euro Optics.

How do you like it? Any issues with it?

TacOps is well made. Many compartments, heavy. I have one, I love it. Most of the time I use the smaller lighter cheaper but still well made NCStar

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003G2S6J6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will look into it

Yup I'm looking at that one seems to be well made and really popular price is good to

Eberlestock drag bag.. Very well constructed, over built even. Lots of storage and lots of molle if you need more options. Folds out into a shooting mat if youre so inclined. Also comes in a longer version if needed.

Reactions: Havoc_1_Actual
Eberlestock drag bag.. Very well constructed, over built even. Lots of storage and lots of molle if you need more options. Folds out into a shooting mat if youre so inclined. Also comes in a longer version if needed.

Yup the Eberlestock is a great drag bag. I use one and it has a lot of room and also works well to hold and protect the rifle. Even room for two rifles if you wanted.

I bought a TacOps and the Eberlestock. Both are awesome but the Eberlestock is the best I have used for me.

Very flexible. Lots of storage. Super well balanced.

Throw it in a Pelican case when you travel and you're done

I have both too Nik and agree.

What about for a 16" bolt gun? Any good, short, less expensive options? I have the Tac ops for my big guns and it is great, but heavier and bigger than I need for my shorty's.

I have ran the Eberlee stock drag bags and packs for years. Hands down great quality and they last. Highly recommend

Reactions: Monk Medic
Have used one of these for a while. Not sure who made them for UGSW.
Very well built, 26" is max for this one.
1522604644876.png

R

Last edited:
midway usa has their own branded drag bags. Great for the price

Ya know, I always forget about this little guy. I have one too. I use it for my AR's and 22's and what not, but honestly, for the abuse it gets its held up really, really well. I think I paid sub $80 at the time. I'd get another in a heart beat.

I bought a TacOps and the Eberlestock. Both are awesome but the Eberlestock is the best I have used for me.

Very flexible. Lots of storage. Super well balanced.

Throw it in a Pelican case when you travel and you're done
I have both too Nik and agree.

Awesome, thanks guys I will go with the Eberlestock

Just curious being new but wouldn't one of those scope/muzzle covers with the carry handle, along with a backpack for gear be more effective in matches and practice?

Lugging around a mostly empty drag bag just so you have access to small accessories seems like a PITA.

Anyone have experience with the Accuracy International Maverick 41 drag bag?

Reactions: Monk Medic
Just curious being new but wouldn't one of those scope/muzzle covers with the carry handle, along with a backpack for gear be more effective in matches and practice?

Lugging around a mostly empty drag bag just so you have access to small accessories seems like a PITA.

I never use it to carry the rifle at matches. I carry the rifle alone with a sling at matches but getting to the match or going to the range the rifle rides in a drag bag.

I have a Tac ops and a Vudoo tactical. I'd like to get an Eblerstock or another Tacops for my V22

Now one?

That would be interesting for me as well. Especially for carring an 27" AXMC.

My 28" plus brake rifle fits without issue in the Eberlestock drag bag. It's got plenty of room.

Shooter 61,
The AI drag bag just arrived in the mail. I’ll post some pics when I get home tonight

Bought a Drago just as a makeshift bag to protect my new rifle to/from the range. For $90 bucks it is very usable and padded very well for protecting the rifle and optics. It can be unfolded and used as a "shooting mat" not very big but marginally acceptable. I will buy another for transporting my rifles for sure - good storage and padding/protection.

Last edited:
The Voodoo Tactical one is intriguing to me because of it's price point. Is the quality good? How does it compare to other bags in the same price point?

The Voodoo Tactical one is intriguing to me because of it's price point. Is the quality good? How does it compare to other bags in the same price point?
Generally, Voodoo Tactical is in the airsoft gear realm. Is that going to matter to you? Depends on how much stress you plan on putting the bag through. If price is an issue, a Plano plastic case with foam padding is probably a better storage solution. If you intend to actually "drag" the drag bag, you probably need something better.

Reactions: shoobe01
Generally, Voodoo Tactical is in the airsoft gear realm. Is that going to matter to you? Depends on how much stress you plan on putting the bag through. If price is an issue, a Plano plastic case with foam padding is probably a better storage solution. If you intend to actually "drag" the drag bag, you probably need something better.

Thank you for the clarification. Correct me if I'm wrong but being in the "airsoft" gear category would tend to show that the item is not well made or is it considered cheap and tacticool right? My application is carrying my rifle, ammo, targets and other items to the range. Given my skill level, I'm in no position to start thinking about matches and what I might need for that. Thanks again.

The Tac Ops ones are big, heavy and expensive, but they are very well made, will protect your rifle very well & make an excellent investment.
They handle being dragged in the dirt without problems.

There is a long version and a shorter version.

If you've got more money than brains? Not sure if this is worth $500+ but you can use it to float at the pool.

https://airarmortech.com/product/long-gun-case/?attribute_pa_color=coyote

airarmortech-long-Gun-Case-coyote.jpg

I saw the guys making these at the Dallas Safari show.
They are expensive, but they are very unique and I am probably eventually going to get one.
Here is why they are interesting:

They pack up very small & light when deflated, so you can store them easily without taking up much room.
They provide the same protection in a "soft" case that you would get from an average hard case, so your gear is very well protected if you are going somewhere rough, while still being about the same weight as an average "soft" bag.
Float with it, swim with it, sleep on it, sit on it etc, very useful.

I just scored a 90's era Eagle woodland camo drag bag. It is pretty sweet. Came with a matching time/camo sniper vest. (like the Tac V-1, but built for .308 rounds. Loose rounds.)

Good stuff already mentioned. I’ll add the Triad Tactical padded rifle case. Kind of like a drag bag, holds lots of stuff and sturdy. Worked ok at a match once as well. 26” barrel plus brake fits with a few inches to spare. Might fit 28” barrel + brake.

Thank you for the clarification. Correct me if I'm wrong but being in the "airsoft" gear category would tend to show that the item is not well made or is it considered cheap and tacticool right? My application is carrying my rifle, ammo, targets and other items to the range. Given my skill level, I'm in no position to start thinking about matches and what I might need for that. Thanks again.

The materials and craftsmanship are going to be subpar. Stitching is what you need to pay attention to, along with zippers. There is a reason why the Voodoo bag can offer the "same" features as these high end drag bags, but for a quarter of the price.

The materials and craftsmanship are going to be subpar. Stitching is what you need to pay attention to, along with zippers. There is a reason why the Voodoo bag can offer the "same" features as these high end drag bags, but for a quarter of the price.

ReaperMedic, thanks so much - this is good information especially for beginners like me.

No worries man. I'm new to the (precision) shooting, but not to gear. I wasted a lot of money in my younger years, so I try to keep others from doing the same.

Reactions: HELM
So here is the accuracy international bag. First image shows the removable hip pad/belt and shoulder straps. The belt flips upside down to accommodate small or the more fuller gentlemen’s hips?

12A7BA43-F7A9-4882-8CEB-4428F0E54D31.jpeg

There are two, what I will call, sleeve pockets, one on each side. The second picture shows the shorter one (perhaps for a spotting scope) and the third picture shows the longer sleeve pocket (I can slot my manfrotto tripod into this).

C14F6782-5D7B-4601-85E5-204F08CA83CF.jpeg

CFA27DC8-B7C1-484E-A6BC-FD8EB1582D05.jpeg

The fourth photo shows the back of the bag with the top at the foreground of the picture. It has one built in pocket at the top. That has plenty of room for a data book, rangefinder, kestrel and my borka tool kit. The rest of the back is covered in molle to which I have attached a couple of large pouches and a couple of external mag pouches.

0918A91A-97BA-4B18-A611-2802CABCC985.jpeg

The fifth photo shows the open mouth into which you shove your rifle into, with a lid that can be secured shut with 2 buckles.

4F674405-AD73-4B0B-9776-DCA84D0AD667.jpeg

I don’t intend to use this as an everyday range bag but rather for a competition where you have to hike through mountains to certain locations, engage targets and walk some more.

Hope this is of assistance

Careful. Often they use good materials, so it has Cordura and YKK and so on, with these labels prominently displayed. But that does not mean it is sewn well. Here's a nice (long!) discussion of what you get out of quality built stuff, vs not:
http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/what-is-quality-picture-heavy

The other thing is supporting designers. MANY of these are knockoffs, so they also save money on not iterating on the design work. And, the original designers do not get as much payback for all their work.

Back OT, I have a few things, but for the precision rifle almost always use an old school Eagle "Sniper Rifle Case and Shooting Pad." http://www.eagleindustries.com/products/detail.aspx?id=69 I don't seem to have a photo of my gun in the bag, but here's a previous iteration of the rifle in shooting position:
33120944463_17d8760378_b.jpg

It is lovely in every way, just unfold, unclip, and start shooting right from it. But, best for range, or when heavy packing in a vehicle, etc. Not as slick for carrying as something like tossing into the Erblestock scabbard.

I am shortly going to cut down the barrel a but, and have recently gone to a folding stock chassis, so will likely change entirely to... something else. So following this discussion and others closely to get ideas.

Reactions: ReaperMedic
Shoobe01, thanks, that said it better than I was trying to. A lot of the cheaper bags also seem to me (by feel) to use lighter nylon where nicer bags would use the heavier stuff. Im certain that drives cost down too.

Absolutely some of the cheaper bags use terrible fabrics. It's not just thinner, but cheaper. Polyester fabrics are a good example; they are intrinsically less UV and abrasion resistant, so your bag will wear out just in normal toss-in-the-trunk, lay-on-the-range use. The slick fabrics you tend to see on cheap bags or kid backpacks that blow out with frayed tendrils where they wear or tear through, that's Polyester.

Also watch for over-built but not very effective fabrics. Ballistic Nylon is very heavy, and is rough (so poor for laying on, dragging) plus may not be good quality fabric, but sounds awesome to say in the features, so it is used in bags a lot also.

While not so applicable to dragbags (which should be, you know, draggable) do not think that lightweight fabrics on other tactical gear is a bad thing. There's been a trend for a few years to not make everything "bombproof" by just adding heavier fabrics as it makes bulk, weight, and that adds discomfort and fatigue to the wearer. Save your ounces. Some is just lighter weight construction, some is new snazzy materials. Check the Helium Whisper line of pouches, etc. for an example, but others like TT make specifically lightweight versions of their stuff also.

Reactions: ReaperMedic
I've got a Galati drag bag / shooting mat. It's definitely built better and padded better than other bag / mats I've used. It's pretty expensive but worth it in my opinion.