• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which EOtech?

Re: Which EOtech?

I have a 557 and use it out to 200 yards and really like it. The reticle brightness is adjustable and will put a bright red dot on at target in bright sunlight.
myerfire.

Check out the XPS series - it's shorter, uses the 123 lithium battery which is transverse mounted, and the battery compartment is more rugged. It is available with a choice of reticles.

This may sound like a "sales spiel", but I don't sell them. I like my EOTech 551 - love the reticle/hate the battery system. It will be replaced with an EXPS3-2. Check out the EOTech site.

I was looking at the XPS 2-0 recently, and it's definitely the best option out there for EOTechs. Most people don't need NVD compatibility, so the 2 series is a good way to save some money as opposed to the 3 series. I have heard that the transverse mounting of the battery has increased reliability.

Have a 552 uses AA batts

like it for hunting coyotes

Also have an Aimpoint 3x behind it in a samson flip mount

I own 553 and use a 552 for work both work great. I dont think theres a real need for the NV button, if you plan on using it you can adjust the brightness down enough to use it with NV. The real question is what batteries do you want to use AA or 123? I love my 553 but 123V batteries can get expensive. Im not a fan of the 3x magnifier, own one and will be selling it soon, can't say I have any experience with the 557 even though I've been curious about it.

I have been running 553's on M-4's, SIG SBR's,and a Noveske10.5" Mk18 for over 5 years with no problems period.Plus all my other lights and battery needs are 123's which makes life alot easier.My oldest 553 has been abused some ,dropped, water logged and been through 3 ,12-16" snow storms, no problems. Excellent kit!