• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Firearm Did You Regret Selling

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I'm sure we all have THAT firearm that you look back on and really wished you never sold it. It would seem that I've regretted selling each and every firearm that I've sold. So much that I recently gave a revolver to my oldest son. He was looking for one and my shooting days are on the down slope.

Not more than a week later, I find myself on Gunbroker looking for a replacement. Yep, I bought another revolver just like the one I gave to my son.

I can cite far too many other times this has happened.

I have Firearm Separation Anxiety.

Reactions: Familydude
    I wouldn't consider giving a gun to my son the same thing as selling a gun (I'm sure you would agree). I have sold one gun in my life, a stainless ruger 10/22 20-25 years ago. I don't regret it, I could have another today if I wanted.

Swiss K-31 with the ammo and bayonet. Got it for $95 at Big 5 Sporting Goods when they first arrived here. Had to sell to get funds for divorce attorney because she wouldn'tbe reasonable in any way.

Miss it,, but the money was put to good use..

I’ve regretted every gun sale almost immediately. Most recently a Henry lever action .22 magnum and a marlin 783 that was also a .22 magnum. Life goes on though.

Reactions: Familydude
    a 6.5 CM in a RPA action. traded it for a gun that i never shoot. i wish i never did the deal. at the time it was a great idea as i had plans for the new rifle but those plans never happened and i treat it like a redheaded step-child.

I sold a R700 XCR Tactical. It had the shitty fluted barrel. I had a gunsmith set the barrel back and it shot clover leafs at 100 yards all day. Even paying the gunsmith to set the barrel back it was the cheapest rifle I had. Even sold it with a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 10x40mm M3. I was waiting on a Tac Ops rifle at the time and had Sako TRG 22 so, I figured I didn't need it. The thing is I could toss it in the dirt and it still would shoot great. I miss that rifle. I even told the person I would buy it back from them.

Reactions: Maggot
    OUCH!!

Mine would be a pre-WWII German-made Walther PPK/s "L" Dural in .22LR. Ass that I was, I sold it because I made a significant profit. A 99%+ aluminum-framed PPK/s... frustrates me just thinking about it. Th'only consolation is, at the time, I needed the money the gun sales at the time generated. I do enjoy driving the z06 it bought; and maybe more than possessing that gun because I haven't thought about it over the last 8-9 years until I saw this thread.

The other was an Austin Behlert 1911 "full-house" pin gun. Pristine; a sweet shooter, but with a 6" slide, not very practical.

Last edited:
    I keep thinking I gonna sell a couple as I have more than I will ever shoot. Every time I tell my wife I want to sell a couple she says Hell No! She is more upset with our current political environment and world order shit than I am. Guess I will be forced to keep holding.

Reactions: Maggot
    My philosophy was always "everyone I own is one that can't be used against me", so I've sold very few. However, I never should have sold that S&W M39. Just because.

About to sell a Barrett MRAD 6.5 Creedmoor with NF 7x35 ATACR Scope. Never even shot it, just no time lately due to startup business. I'm sure I'll regret selling it.

I have every gun I've ever owned, except the one that was stolen when my house was burglarized 28 years ago.
    So the answer to your question is none, but I really miss my Ruger Blackhawk, .357 stainless with a 4" barrel.

• Haha
    Reactions: Shooter McGavin
    The top of my list...my MG34. It was made in 1942. I had dam near every accessory for it as well. The tripod mount, the optics, belt loader, 75 round saddle drum (didn't have the cover/adapter for the saddle drum though), 50 round assault drums as well. Even made a brand new barrel for it!

I still have some belts and ammo! I'll get another one someday! You can bank on it!

Later, Frank
    Bartlein Barrels
    1629224774634.png

The top of my list...my MG34. It was made in 1942. I had dam near every accessory for it as well. The tripod mount, the optics, belt loader, 75 round saddle drum (didn't have the cover/adapter for the saddle drum though), 50 round assault drums as well. Even made a brand new barrel for it!

I still have some belts and ammo! I'll get another one someday! You can bank on it!

Later, Frank
    Bartlein Barrels
    View attachment 7686445
    Ouch.... :cry:

Smith and Wesson stainless 686. Weighed a hundred pounds. Nothing special, but it was my first “real” pistol.

I wouldn't characterize it as regret but as I think back on it, it would be nice to have back the custom Remington 700 .223 and the FN SPR A1a I sold years ago.

You can sell them? I thought they were required to be kept so as to avoid mental anguish such as this.

Reactions: OldSalty2
    OUCH!!

Mine would be a pre-WWII German-made Walther PPK/s "L" Dural in .22LR. Ass that I was, I sold it because I made a significant profit. A 99%+ aluminum-framed PPK/s... frustrates me just thinking about it. Th'only consolation is, at the time, I needed the money the gun sales at the time generated. I do enjoy driving the z06 it bought; and maybe more than possessing that gun because I haven't thought about it over the last 8-9 years until I saw this thread.

The other was an Austin Behlert 1911 "full-house" pin gun. Pristine; a sweet shooter, but with a 6" slide, not very practical.
    That makes me sick. Just remembered the 1938 Walther I had with eagles and swastika. Can't even remember what I traded it for.

Everyone but especially a Savage 10 in .308
    Sold it to my buddy and last range trip we collectively put 14 rounds in one 1/2 diameter hole at 100yds.

Where do I start/cry? A Winchester 1906 pump takedown with the original takedown case. Paid $35 for it in 1980, sold it to Clark Brothers in Warrenton VA when a manager saw it and offered me 10 times what I paid for it. Should have known! Or my Swedish M-41B Sniper, but that money helped save my house from very overdue property taxes and I'll get another one someday, I hope!

I'm sure we all have THAT firearm that you look back on and really wished you never sold it. It would seem that I've regretted selling each and every firearm that I've sold. So much that I recently gave a revolver to my oldest son. He was looking for one and my shooting days are on the down slope.

Not more than a week later, I find myself on Gunbroker looking for a replacement. Yep, I bought another revolver just like the one I gave to my son.

I can cite far too many other times this has happened.

I have Firearm Separation Anxiety.
    My 1986 S&W M29 .44 Magnum with an 8 3/8 barrel. That was the bomb. I got three times what I paid for when I sold it in the '90's but I would really like it back now!

nope, never sold one, but then i don't have that many.

As stupid as it sounds, I miss my old Sig Mosquito .22lr. It was a fun little pistol I bought off Armslist on a whim. Digital desert camo paint and a threaded barrel. It ran really well for a pot-metal pistol, with rarely a malfunction. Didn’t really need the money when I sold it, but felt it really had no purpose in my safe and got offered more than I paid. Now I want another lightweight .22 pistol as a starter for my son.

S&W mdl 41 that I shot Bullseye with. Clark custom 1911 that I shot bullseye then IPSC WITH. High Standard Victor that I started Bullseye with. WincHester mdl 42 with beautiful finish and wood.
    Also My first shotgun. Nothing special but the memories. Ted Williams 300 with a vari choke on the end. My uncle found that gun leaning up against the back wall of a truck stop gas station. Turned it in to the local sheriff and two months later they called him to come take back. I cleaned his shop for three months to pay for that shotgun. First pheasant, first rabbit, first quail, first squirrel.

I had a Tikka Finn pot-bellied 91 Mosin-Nagant that I picked up about 13 years ago at a shop in Wenatchee WA for $85. looked like a beater and had a bore like a sewer pipe but I cleaned it up and did the electrolysis trick on the bore and it was a great shooter. Got laid off and needed some cash so sold it to an old gold miner buddy.

Many decades ago, I parted with an almost new Savage 99 in .250 Savage. It was a decent enough shooter and as nicely made as any rifle we owned at the time (in the days when you could purchase a Remington 700 that was well finished and something you would not hide in the back of the gun rack.) Next candidate, a Remington 660 in .243.

I miss my DW Pointman in 10 mm. Traded up to a VBOB in .45, so some consolation. I also let go a S&W 4516 that shot better than a compact deserves. Probably done selling to get more, finances are easier now. I am setting some aside for the grandkids 😎(3 so far).

A German HK 91 I purchased (for like $550) in 78' and traded for a Ruger Redhawk in 80'. But I did purchase another one in the 90's for $1800, that I sold in 2013 for $3600.

Last edited:
    A German HK 91 I purchased (for like $550) in 78' and traded for a Ruger Redhawk in 80'. But I did purchase another one in the 90's for $1800, that I sold in 2013 for $3600.

What do you dislike about the HK91? Most folks would love to own one and you've owned 2 and sold both.

Come one man........