• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors which first

Re: which first

actually get both. i started with the AR, but then got the 22. i would buy both all over again, but the 22 gets a lot more use

I'd go with an 556 can, and get the adapter for your .22LR, and have one can for two guns. That is what I have done. JPG

Why would you need an adapter? Isn't the standard thread pitch the same (1/2X28)?

Get the 22LR suppressor first. They usually wind up getting the most use. I now have 2 of the 22 suppressors and a third on the way.

You will not want to use a 223 suppressor on a 22LR. Most centerfire cans are sealed and you can not effectively clean them. 22LR has a little cloud of molten lead that follows the bullet out of the barrel. This molten lead will collect on the baffles and harden. None of the commercially available cleaning solutions will remove this lead. It will build up over time and reduce the effectiveness of the suppressor. Another danger is if you get enough of a lead build-up, when firing 223 the muzzle blast can knock pieces of the lead loose. This can divert the round and cause baffles strikes which ruin the suppressor. This is the reason that most 22Lr suppressors are take apart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 on getting a 22 can first....I would skip the 223 can altogether and move to the 30 as they are more versatile... </div></div>

This. The AAC 762SD is what I have and I could not be happier. I use it on 10 different guns.

With the 200 dollar tax and the wait time the more guns it will fit on the better!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sig22940</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
how much is a good 556 suppressor going to cost me? </div></div>

$800-$1200