• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

which gas piston kit?

Re: which gas piston kit?

I have a Osprey on my 11.5" BCM barrel and it works flawlessly! Can't imagine the inch shorter on yours making to much of a difference. I've had about 1500 rou ds down the pipe and the only issue I've had was the bolt not holding open after last round. I did have a hydraulic buffer install which I removed and it solved that problem. The Adam arms is supposed to be really nice too, but expensive compared to the Osprey.

I run an Adam's Arms kit 'not complete upper' on my 10.5" SBR. I went piston because I run suppressor and was way dirty with DI gas + way too much gas. The kit fixed both problems and was VERY easy to install, inexpensive and it works great. Has 3 positions, all on, gas cut for suppressor, all off single shot.

Osprey kit runs well on my AR. Easy to install.

Hard to go wrong with Adams Arms!! They will treat you right and they'll work with you should you have any questions/concerns before you order. I have had several discussions with folks there over the years, including with Jason the owner, and they are first-class all the way!

Adams Arms. Very easy to install. My mid-length system holds sub MOA. Are you going to add a rail system or do you currently own a rail that you want the piston kit to work with?

CMMG is good too.

Study them all in detail and pick the one you feel has the most advantages---I am personally sold on the Osprey

I put an Osprey in my 10.5". Gun became a single shot. But, Osprey swapped out the piston and now it runs perfect. Nice kit,,,

Only downside to the Osprey, it doesn't work with very many rail systems. AA looks like it has more rail options. If that's what your into,,,
smile.gif

My troy rail shouldn't have fit. But my file disagreed.

Not every system is the same, but definitely do your homework especially on installation if you're putting it in yourself. Good luck. Let us know what you chose.

BTW...spikes is selling Adams Arms kits for 199 right now. Pretty good deal. I might pick up another one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firestorm1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could not find the Adams Arms kits on spikes site, do you have a link? </div></div>

Link for Adam's attached, note they are retail prices. I pay $250 for complete kit wholesale. Search around I believe places like Midway, Brownells carry. If problems locating PM me. I have also seen AA kit's @ CDNN which require you to use your own bolt carrier all else included @ around $200. I have not used that kit but see nothing wrong with the concept.
http://www.adamsarms.net/products.asp?category=100000

They were on the Close Out section but it looks like they sold out. I was going to buy one too...crap.

Don't use the kit that lets you use your own Bolt Carrier. Whether it's AA or any other kit. If you do, you'll grow to love the carrier tilt.

Adams kit is really good. Check out rainier arms. They have piston kits and they also have many rail options that will work with piston kits.