• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which gun do you shoot the most?

prairiefire

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
Nebraska
I love my new TACOPS .308 topped with an S&B scope, but the gun I shoot the most is my trusty ruger 10/22 followed closely by my FN five seven. Probably because the ammo is cheaper, but the ruger is a joy - not super accurate, just fun.

Re: Which gun do you shoot the most?

I will trade you ten 10-22s for your TacOps, think of how much more fun you could have.

Oh, and I shoot my Surgeon 243 by far the most.

Jason

I would have to say the most rounds I shoot are 22lr, also have a 10/22 as well as a converted 1911 and ar15, cheap ammo, not loud, and doesnt beat you up....

My 20 inch HBAR Colt and my Savage Mark II 22 LR

About once a month I have to burn a few mags through the M1A cause its so much fun !!!

The 1911 gets worked every range trip ... so in reality that probably gets shot the most.

Id say my Ruger MKIII has had the most rounds through it, i dont know if ive ever gone out to the range without it.

Ruger 10/22, it is by far the cheapest and probably the most fun to shoot. It started off stock, but boy did it get expensive quick while tricking it out.

Hmm, I probably shoot the Savage Mark 2 the most, cheap, fun, reliable. First firearm I ever purchased, when I turned 16. 120 bucks with synthetic stock, bought it from the gun store I worked at, also a 3x9 x40 Buckmaster, I think scope, it still resides on it today. I later camo'd it out myself and the paint job still is present.

Second is the Bushmaster .223, like the practice for work, also fun to shoot, and not too expensive. Everyone likes shooting it so I make em buy ammo and I shoot there stuff. Its got the M4 upper assy, w/ heavy barrel and the full sized m16 stock.

Close third is the M1 Carbine, it would surpass the bush but not much ammo for it and its at the folks house. Even though the sights are in need of Major adjusting its probably more fun then the Bush to shoot. I would like to get a new bolt and barrel eventually and maybe start reloading ammo and move it past the Bush in the line up.

Even Fourth my M48 Yugo Mitchell Mauser, even though the kick is atrocious its the first weapon I really got into reloading with, and refinished the stock myself and it even took the place of my trusty 30-06 savage for deer hunting in PA. Probably never take a better, more reliable weapon into the woods then that. I got it as a 18th birthday present from my folks, ordered from Mitchell Mauser all parts matching #s in outstanding condition.

Fifth is my new Rem 700 spsv in 308. I haven't had the weapon very long and just started to reload ammo for it, on top of getting married, moving, and getting deployed. After I get some work done I think it will be up there.

Sorry if that was lengthy just wanted to give some reasons why I chose what I did, other ones in the arsenal come to mind and I think the one that sticks out the most is my Yugo SKS...... because it is one of the least favorite one to shoot lol, just the cleaning and accuracy and disassembly. Im going to try to sell it as soon as I can, kinda bought it out of peer pressure on myself, much rather have an AK or something instead. but 150 bucks I guess you cant beat it.

Tricked up CZ452 22lr, .40 SVI Sighttracker, TRG22.308, 1916 SMLE .303 in that order. All reloads apart from the .22lr.

batppcs005.jpg

My bat 22 .100 short ppc with robertson stock and hart barrel. it shoots itty bitty holes 5 times in a row. Looks like one hole!! Its the most accurate rifle i have ever seen or shot!! Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GAP .308</div></div>

Same here topped with my S&B PMII 5-25x56

My Marlin 60 and Ruger MKIII are shot more than anything else that I own. It's just fun and easy to grab one of these and shoot.

77/22 and Mark II target get the most use....mainly because I shoot them in the yard with the kids all the time. Second would be a 77/17 that lives in the truck and is my crow stalker...a few rounds a week but it adds up. The guns I shoot most at the range are a Surgeon .243 and 1911's.

The short answer is the NFA 1919A4 on a per round count (one outing is several cases of ammo just to do a test fire ;-).

For actual rifle shooting (which the 1919A4 is not), what ever is the current project rifle (new, changed scope, developing loads etc.) is fired the most with the Rem PSS 308 shooting GMM filling in second place (don't have to load ammo for it so it is always ready to shoot, except when you "borrow" the scope for a new project rifle ;-).

Right now it would be in descending order:

Glock 21SF .45 ACP
Ruger 10/22 .22 LR
Surgeon Scalpel .308 Win.
Ruger No. 1 .375 H&H Magnum

My APA .308 Recon....almost at 1100 rds since last Oct.

B.

Marlin Glenfield 25, just because of ammo cost.

My .22's (Savage MKIIF, mod'ed 10/22, Mossberg 44), and my .260 Rem Savage custom.

For hunting, an M70 .30-'06, a Win 94AE .44Mag, several 20ga slug guns, both bolt and semi, times past, a .50cal Sidelock Percussion muzzle loader, and newly old this year, a .280 Rem Ruger 77MKI sporter heirloom with a made in USA Redfield 4-12x40 mounted.

'Chucks get the classic treatment with M700 .222 and .223.

I will be fielding the .222 for tomorrow's FV200 match. It's economical, and danged accurate, too.

Greg

Ruger 1022 here as well, actually 2 of them. One stocker with Tech Sights, the other with a Butler Creek barrel and stock kit, topped off with a Vortex Crossfire 6-24X50. We buy the 5000 round cases of subsonic target ammo from CMP. We typically go through 3-4 cases per year. The old trusty 1911 gets an average of 400-500 per year. It saves a ton casting my own bullets. Also cast 125 gr. lead for the wife's Taurus PT111. She has nearly 400 through it since I bought it for her B'day in August.

i actually think i shoot them equally but if i had to pick one it'd prolly be the MK12 MOD 0

By "most" are we talking:

Most Trips to the Range?

or

Most rounds downrange?

Most trips to the range would be my 700, but is being replaced by the AI AE.

Most rounds downrange would be my M4 followed by my G21. Training sessions on them last up to eight hours, although I put almost as many rounds through a SIM G17 as I do live rounds through my G21. One string of fire with any of those three may result in a mag change or two. I actually do wear out parts on them.

I shoot my CZ452 the most by a wide margin. After that it's a toss up between Marlin 336 and Rem 870.

A 308, first it was the LTR which was sold when it was replaced by a KMW.

As far as round count goes it would be my 1911-22, then the Ak, then my Savage 223, followed by another savage in 225 WIN. Time spent behind the gun though is hands down the 223 followed closely by the 225.

I have some KMW, GAP, ad other stuff that I love to shoot. For just all out fun, (I know it sounds weird) but the most fun is with a CZ Ultra-Lux with BRNO aperture sights. My Garand is a close second, with a 223ai in third.

Keith

My 10/22 clone would be the one I shoot the most followed by my AW.

You can't beat a 10/22 for the fun factor

cz452, most definitely. Silenced, it follows me everywhere I go. That's why I'm not afraid to put bender on it
smile.gif

I try to shoot all of them equally, otherwise they start getting jealous.

Most trips to the range:
Roscoe .223 bolt suppressed to 600. AKA shorty.

Most rounds down range:
PS MAC in 45
smile.gif

Trilogymac

Stock Ruger MKII slabside and 10/22 are a close tie. Unknown thousands of rounds through both and both as accurate as they were the day off the rack. Rarely clean either or do anything but load and shoot them. SPS Varmint 243 sees the most field time due to the summer months while varminting from April until September. The AR still has the highest hunting kill percentages of them all when I don't look for the extremely long shots. That RRA A4 Varmint rifle is a hammer. The Omega muzzleloader has nearly 100% kill to shot ratios in the field. It is what I rely on to fill the freezer. I think there is a direct relation in the most shot guns I own and the cost of ammo, upkeep, and barrel life. I don't even consider the barrel life on my rimfires and AR, but seem to reserve unnecessary shots on the bigger caliber rifles and hotter varmint rigs to make them "last".

I shoot my GAP Hospitaller w/ suppressor a lot. But I do try to shoot all my rifles evenly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARCOREY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stock Ruger MKII slabside and 10/22 are a close tie. Unknown thousands of rounds through both and both as accurate as they were the day off the rack. Rarely clean either or do anything but load and shoot them. SPS Varmint 243 sees the most field time due to the summer months while varminting from April until September. The AR still has the highest hunting kill percentages of them all when I don't look for the extremely long shots. That RRA A4 Varmint rifle is a hammer. The Omega muzzleloader has nearly 100% kill to shot ratios in the field. It is what I rely on to fill the freezer. I think there is a direct relation in the most shot guns I own and the cost of ammo, upkeep, and barrel life. I don't even consider the barrel life on my rimfires and AR, but seem to reserve unnecessary shots on the bigger caliber rifles and hotter varmint rigs to make them "last". </div></div>

When I bought my mark II it was fairly well used and I put a little over 3600 rounds through before cleaning other than when I first bought it. Finally decided to clean it cause it jammed twice on me, but only after firing over 3600 rounds without a single malfunction. The thing was sure as hell accurate too with the aimpoint I had on it. It could make very consistent hits at 100 yards on a prairie dog spinner target that measures about 8"x4". I really, really wish I wouldn't have sold that gun to buy a 1911-22, bad decision. The 1911-22 is very picky about what ammo it likes, and most of the bulk stuff I like to shoot wont feed worth a damn through it, but at least cci blazer feeds reasonably well.

It varies...simply on a "rounds down range" basis this year it's been:

1) GAP .308 (M40A1 "tribute")
2) AI AW .308
3) Mauser 98k
4) Enfield .303 SMLE
5) SGC .22LR AR M4 clone
6) Anschutz 1710 .22LR

My new S&W M&P15FT. I have forgotten how much fun AR's can be. Plus the ammo is like 9 bucks a box. In a close second is my Rem. 700 in 308.

I shoot my Savage MKII 22 the most. I love target practice that thing will trim a spiders toenails at 50 yards

Win 75 22lr for most rounds down range. It's in the fore front pic. Now it wears a Harrel's barrel tuner and capable of shooting .3's.

FYI Mr Harrel does great customer service spends as much time as you need on the phone. He also makes some of the best power measures. http://www.harrellsprec.com/

91h47o.jpg

For this year 700 ltr 308
700 243. it's in the background in above pic.
Couple of 44 Vaqueros I've taken to carry since old age seems to get the best of my manual dexterity.

hmmm I enjoy shooting my ruger 10/22 the best and also the 22-250. both are really fun to shoot prarie dogs with.

Roedale RH40 , .308