• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which Host for Specwar 7.62

vetman1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2012
Georgia
I have a Specwar 7.62 suppressor and am trying to decide on a good host rifle. I am leaning towards the .300 Blackout for the reduced recoil. I have two sons that are only 6 and 7 years of age and both do like to deer hunt. With the lack of recoil I thought the .300 Blackout would be a good starter rifle.

I am trying to decide on which rifle to buy as a host keeping in mind I want a smaller rifle for my sons. I have considered a .300 Blackout upper and just use it as a single shot rifle for them. The upper would have to be as lightweight as possible.

The other host I have considered is the Handi-rifle. It is a single shot and it is light and compact. I am concerned with the accuracy of the Handi-rifle as I have read conflicting reports on their accuracy.

Along these same lines what would you recommend for a scope that my sons could easily use. I will probably shoot subsonic and supersonic loads while target shooting and hunting.

Finally, should I go ahead and buy a Silencerco Harvester for the lighter weight? Or would the 12 ounce difference between the Specwar 7.62 and the Harvester be a big deal while hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of the things you brought up would work out great. If you go the 300BLk route the barns 110gr are awesome on deer and hogs. Super light recoil and you could have your boys shoot sub sonic stuff to start out and get their feet wet. I would recommend a noveske upper. Super light and low profile hand guard, accurate and it will run forever. If you get one with a Switch Block you can turn the gas off and it will run as a single shot.

The harvester is a can designed around hunting and competition shooting. Minimizing recoil and maximizing the experience were the key targets.
You should pick up the rifle before making a decision. The 7.62 Specwar is a heck of a can and super quiet.