• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors which is best for what

MarositheMarine0311

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2013
I am new to suppressors and I am looking to get one that I can run on my 17hmr, 22lr, 556 and 308. I know that I am going to need at least two. I was told that I could get a 22lr magnum for the 17 and 22lr. I would like to be able to run this on rifle and pistol . I also want to get one that I can run on my 308 and 556. I wanted to see if anyone had any advice as to which company, brand type etc.. any help would be appreciated

I am new to suppressors and I am looking to get one that I can run on my 17hmr, 22lr, 556 and 308. I know that I am going to need at least two. I was told that I could get a 22lr magnum for the 17 and 22lr. I would like to be able to run this on rifle and pistol . I also want to get one that I can run on my 308 and 556. I wanted to see if anyone had any advice as to which company, brand type etc.. any help would be appreciated

I'm afraid there is no one can that will ideally meet your requirements. Your best bet will be to get two cans, a rimfire can and a .30 caliber can. The .30 caliber can will be ridiculously large and heavy on a rimfire host, especially a pistol. Besides being a lot smaller many rimfire cans will allow you to break them down and clean them which is an advantage given how dirty rimfire ammo can be.

I have a SilencerCo 22 sparrow for use on my rimfire hosts and I love it. It's small, light, very quiet, extremely easy to break down, and rated for anything up to a 22 hornet. That would take care of your .17 hmr, 22lr and magnum requirement. There are several out there that are really good. The market is flush with awesome .22 cans. My other two favorites are the SWR Spectre and the AAC element. I've personally heard those and they are quite impressive.

For 5.56 and .308 get a .30 caliber can. The 762SDN6 would be a good choice, but there are several great .30 caliber cans to chose from. Surefire, Ops Inc, and TBAC would be great ones to look at. Good luck.

The sparrow for your .17hmr and .22lr would be an excellent choice. However for your .308, 5.56 requirement we need a bit more info on how you intend to use it, lots of rapid fire? Going on a bolt action most of the time? These are important considerations when choosing a rifle can as it helps determine whether you should get a QD or thread on and what kind of material to use.

I got an AAC Ti-Rant 45 for my pistols I plan on using on a 22lr rifle... lets see how this'll turn out :)

I also have a AAC SDN6 I use on my .308 and on my Krinkov 5.45x39 with no issues.

Give me a shout, we can discuss your application and see what will best fit your needs.

silencer- whats what

The sparrow for your .17hmr and .22lr would be an excellent choice. However for your .308, 5.56 requirement we need a bit more info on how you intend to use it, lots of rapid fire? Going on a bolt action most of the time? These are important considerations when choosing a rifle can as it helps determine whether you should get a QD or thread on and what kind of material to use.

I have a rem 700 in 308 and a few ARs in 556 and a sig 556R in 7.63x39. not really looking to do a lot of rapid fire. just want to get something that I can use mildly. I also have an AR in 22lr and a bolt 17hmr. again not to much rapid fire. I think at this point I want one that I can take apart and clean and I think the dry would be better than wet. I do plan on using one on a 22lr pistol and eventually getting one for a few pistols. that is a whole different thing. I really dont have a lot of info on how the silencers work with different cal pistols. currently I am looking to cover the 700,ar556,ar22lr bolt17hmr, sig556r762x39. I think I will need two seperate cans. ideally I would like to purchase in my state (MI) but not sure how much options I will have for that. I am also a DoD employee and a Medically retired US Marine so I would like to look into the options of using a mil/gov program if any avail..

Guys, just an FYI... I've heard this "MarositheMarine" guy is into a lot of "surprise" sex... just an fyi... :cool:

You're welcome...

I have a similar question maybe someone can enlighten me as I'm just considering getting a suppressor for my 6.8 and 308...is there an advantage to the caliber specific suppressors? For example surefire makes a specific 6.8 suppressor.... I'm trying to decide if I should buy one for each that is caliber specific or just one that will work on both. Both are AR platform.

Get the sparroww SS for sure, Pm silenced america aka Killbox.
The cenetrfire, is gonna take some additional info. Tell us about the rifles you want to use it on (specify the acion: bolt vs semi-auto), tell us how fast you want to shoot, how far you intend to shoot, the barrel twists of you guns, the threading your guns have, if thier not threaded they better be heavy barreled, whats your needs on accurcy, how long are your barrels.

copy and paste this:
Rifle 1: Name and Model
Action: bolt / semi auto
Modifications made or accessories attached:
BBL length, twist, threaded: ##", #:#, Y/N
Rate of fire: ever any need of fast / rapid while suppressed: Y/N
Accuracy needs 1-10 ( 1=lowest [spray and shoot], 10= [one hole miracles]): #
Percentage of use: Hunting: ##%, Target ##%, Ammo Dumping ##%
do you plan on using sub sonics: y / n

pate the above for rifle 2 and so on.