• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which is the best Peli Case for an AI AXMC with 27 inch barrel and Tac Muzzle Brake

jim996

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 10, 2018
Hi guys. I'm looking to invest in a Peli case for my rifle and gear. Just wanted some advice on which model of Peli (or other similar brands) to go for please. My rifle has 27 inch barrel, folding stock and 5-25 PM2.

Any photos of cases with a similar rifle in would be great.

AXMC .338.jpg

Pic for clicks!

Thanks.

gorgeous rifle by the way

we recently had a thread on this: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-for-rifle-pelican-case.6987919/#post-8350803

i purchased the pelican vault 800 a while back on sale...it's on sale now even cheaper....you have to put it in your cart to see the sale price which is $130 for the black case instead of $200 https://gunprodeals.com/product-search-results?search_text=vault+double+rifle+case

here's a review: (https://ireviewgear.com/firearms/pelican-v800-vault-double-rifle-case/)

just a heads up, it's pretty big and doesn't fit in my sedan's trunk so i lay it across my back seat appropriately locked etc..... it seems really well made. wheels and handles work nicely. i would have no qualm about flying with the case.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm in the UK.....can't believe how cheap you guys can buy stuff in the US....

Reactions: 96C
I have both the AI AX hard case and the Pelican 3100 hard case with custom closed cell foam. I prefer the Pelican but both are nice. The AI is about 800 bucks. I paid 450 for my Pelican.

I prefer my SKB case to my pelicans. Not sure about their availability in the UK, but something to look into. pelican does make a great case, not trying to say otherwise.

I prefer my SKB case to my pelicans. Not sure about their availability in the UK, but something to look into. pelican does make a great case, not trying to say otherwise.

I have SKB for my two SVI Infinity. That’s what they come with 1409. They seem great but my Pelican plastic seems stronger. You can’t push it in as easy. I think both are fine but just wondering why you think so?

Here are some photos of mine. Even the AI plastic pushes in easy. The Pelican feels like you could drop it off of a skyscraper and everything would be ok. Again both will be great as will be the SKB. BTW my Pelican is a 3300 not a 3100
2C83C51B-D91B-460E-9A7D-43143A681CD1.jpeg
9419EEDF-5E31-4829-A8AD-4BDD157573F1.jpeg
296AAF66-433E-42AA-8CDD-8F8752CE9A18.jpeg

Reactions: jim996 and Stoweit
A Pelican case is a Pelican case. Buy whichever is large enough to fit your rifle and whatever shit you want in it

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I have SKB for my two SVI Infinity. That’s what they come with 1409. They seem great but my Pelican plastic seems stronger. You can’t push it in as easy. I think both are fine but just wondering why you think so?

They are very close in quality, I'd buy whatever one I could find cheaper... That happens to be the SKB in most cases. I do prefer the wheels on the SKB (softer) and the handles. The pelican does have a harder, less flex, shell. I find them both to be overbuilt. The SKB also seems to be lighter, but I've never weighed them.

Last edited:
Options - Drag bag and a Peli case. Tac Ops just in case you were wondering :)

They are very close in quality, I'd buy whatever one I could find cheaper... That happens to be the SKB in most cases. I do prefer the wheels on the SKB (softer) and the handles. The pelican does have a harder, less flex, shell. I find them to be both to overbuilt. The SKB also seems to be lighter, but I've never weighed them.

Good to know. I have never once used the wheels in almost seven years since I have had my Pelican. I just carry it to my truck (throw it in the bed) then to the range. But I agree they are both overbuilt and I think the SKB would be lighter. My AI case is significantly lighter than the Pelican. I think the plastic is thicker in all dimensions.

Reactions: jim996
A Pelican case is a Pelican case. Buy whichever is large enough to fit your rifle and whatever shit you want in it

Not sure I agree . . . All my rifles are in 17xx series (4 of them), and evey time I look at any other series of Pelican long case, they just don't seem to be built as well. Will most ever need that? No idea, hut the difference in the series is very real and apparent (as is the price!).

Just wanted to let you know that I went for a MAX1100 case in the end. Max is an Italian copy of the Peli built to the same NATO (STANAG) standards. Seems really tough and well made and fits the AXMC perfectly with the 27 inch .338 barrel and Tac Muzzle Brake. Did my foam with Plasti Dip as well because I've got nothing else to do in lockdown!

Attachments

• 5F0B04E1-15C4-4C3E-89F6-171F4E9C2FC1.jpeg
    5F0B04E1-15C4-4C3E-89F6-171F4E9C2FC1.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I was under the impression that ai made or had made there own deployment kit its pricey but a sweet bit of crumpet ...
1588192074742.png
something like this its for sale a mile high shooting supply
and its like a what's what of sexy the price is like buying a luxury steam liner but its a sweet dead if you can afford the ride . one gun , 3 different barrels , 3 mags for each different round and all the sex toys you could hope for whips and chains included .
yea baby .....

Just wanted to let you know that I went for a MAX1100 case in the end. Max is an Italian copy of the Peli built to the same NATO (STANAG) standards. Seems really tough and well made and fits the AXMC perfectly with the 27 inch .338 barrel and Tac Muzzle Brake. Did my foam with Plasti Dip as well because I've got nothing else to do in lockdown!
Looks great. Mine doesn’t fold over and didn’t look at those. Congrats

Call Jason Monday and order one of their custom SKB's. The SKB's are just as high quality as Pelican/Storm and their layout puts the scope up but scope/butt side over the wheels with it folded instead of at the handle side like the Pelicans so you're not holding as much weight when wheeling it. Their custom cut foam is super high quality and closed cell so it won't hold moisture.

I was under the impression that ai made or had made there own deployment kit its pricey but a sweet bit of crumpet ...
View attachment 7312394something like this its for sale a mile high shooting supply
and its like a what's what of sexy the price is like buying a luxury steam liner but its a sweet dead if you can afford the ride . one gun , 3 different barrels , 3 mags for each different round and all the sex toys you could hope for whips and chains included .
yea baby .....

Those cases are horrible for transporting the rifle, that's why it comes with the soft case too. They're way too big and too heavy to be used for transport. I have a PSR kit and the case lives in a giant lock box to store the acc's. It weighs well over 100lbs with the rifle and all the crap in it. No way would I drag that thing along with me to the range. I also had two leftover PSR cases years ago that were surplus that I bought from AI and the only thing I used them from was a tactical entertainment stand for my xbox and stuff to set on top of. Ended up selling both of them. I wouldn't have the one I have now if the PSR didn't come in it.