• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Which Lock-n-Load headspace bushing for 6.5 Creedmoor?

GentleBen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
www.mydyingbreath.com
You would think that Hornady would specify which headspace bushing to use on its own Hornady Cartridge Headspace Gage Bushing for it own 6.5 Creedmoor round. It does specify which bushing to use on its bullet comparators but not cartridge gages.

Anyone know which number bushing I should use with this otherwise nice little tool?

Also, since I will eventually be neck-sizing, what is best range of neck bushings to get for my Redding Type S bushing die?

I know these things in .223 and .308 but am new to 6.5 Creedmoor. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure on the headspace guage but .287-.290 neck bushings should suit you for the life of the brass.

I looked it up on the SAAMI website. The headspace dimension is taken from a .400 diameter in the shoulder. So use the .400 diameter bushing.