• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which Manners?

Re: Which Manners?

What Jason said but without that answer I am still voting for the T3. I have 2 and have a third on the way. Love the feel of the more standard grip but still has the larger rounded forend. Great all around stock.

T4A with mini chassis hands down!!

I voted for T4 only because there was no option for the T4A. My next stock will be a T4A with Carbon Fiber.

One more vote for: "Whatcha gonna use it on/for?!?" before I actually vote.
wink.gif

I currently have a MCS-T, and it is an awesome stock. I also have a MCS-T3 on order. I am going to try each of them out, and keep the one that I like the best.

I was going to put the other stock with the wife and kiddos Savage .243, but they are moving to Texas, so I have changed my plans just a bit. I will see how it goes from there...

DK

I would go T for a PSS/varmint barrel contour and a T3 for an m24 contour.

I have been wanting Tom to make a T3A but I dont think he is finding the time. I think this stock would be a badass HTG purpose stock.

Ern

We are building and donating two complete rigs to our Sheriff's Department.

Stiller action
Shillen barrel .308
Stiller bottom metal (really nice)
Shillen trigger
Seekins rings and bases
SS-HD 5-20x50
Tactical Intervention sling
Storm case
AI double stacked mag

Sounds like you also need a quality data book and round count book to go with them rifles!!

Drop me a PM with a address and I will send you the books!

Good on you for helping out the 50~~

If I were to build a 338 Lapua or sim, I would order the T5A or the GAT for sure... Really like the thumbhole for the larger cals...

Brady, or whoever this is, that is an awesome donation!!!!! I will continue to do business with you!!
T4a with a Terry cross cheek piece..

I have a T4 and a T5, really like both (I have big hands.) The T4 is a bit simpler to handle and get behind. T5 is exceptional as a thumbhole stock, but shooters usually love or hate thumbholes.

Keep in mind you might be setting up a rifle used by lefty shooters as well as rightys. If you get the T5, get with the righty swell, it works equally well for shooting lefty.

Very generous donation, you're good people. 'Cept Brady, he's just "OK" people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are building and donating two complete rigs to our Sheriff's Department.</div></div>

Knowing that, my vote went to the T4 (but specifically, I'd opt for the T4A)!!

For a rifle for the Sheriffs dept, T2A...... All the way...

I really like the T3, but my T2 is just such a nice traditional feeling stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are building and donating two complete rigs to our Sheriff's Department.</div></div> We always like to help out the LEO's.

Just sent you a PM. Thank you,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are building and donating two complete rigs to our Sheriff's Department.</div></div> We always like to help out the LEO's.

Just sent you a PM. Thank you, </div></div>

Again, OUTSTANDING people. Class acts both of you, Chris and Tom!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are building and donating two complete rigs to our Sheriff's Department.</div></div> We always like to help out the LEO's.
</div></div>

Thanks for helping out the brethern . . . Oh T4

I have a T5 and very partial to it so that is where my vote is. But I would love to play with the T4 to see how it fits me.

I would vote for either the T4A or T2A. If possible go with the A version with Terry Cross hardware. It will give each officer the ability to adjust the rifle to suit them better. I own a T4A with a second on the way. I almost went with the T2A for the second one until I had the chance to handle one. The deciding factor for me was that on the T2 the bottom of the stock was a little smooth and harder to grip compared to the hook of the T4. Now this may only be a minor point as I am used to the T4. Had I gone with the T2 on my first rifle I would probably not even notice it. Hope this helps and makes sense. Thanks again to both you, Nomad, and Tom for doing this. As a LEO I know how any help can go a long way especially with equipment.

Where else can you go and ask for advice and not only get great advice but get manufacturers donating products and the man himself posting and offering to help out.

Thank you very much everyone.

Ellis County Sheriff's Department has been trying to get the budget for two rifles for some time and just cannot ever get it to go through. Since we are in Ellis County we offered to help them out. They were very gracious and receptive to the offer and said they would be very pleased to even get used Remingtons, the only input they had was that they both be the same.

When we approached Stiller (local company), Jerry was very helpful and took most of one day to show us around his facility and talk shop. We plan to build more rifles with these same components to sell as turnkey packages, the first two are the ones going to Ellis County and when Jerry found out that we were donating them, he helped us out too.

This is just amazing and shows what a wonderful industry we work in.

-Chris

That would be my second choice after the T3 Steve. They have the same rear section but the T3 has a little wider forend. Both are stocks that can be used in any position for any use.

Just bought a Stiller, putting it in the T4A, topping it with a SS5-20. You might not be original, but you have good taste.

Should be a great setup for its intended purpose.

I've had a couple of different Manners and they are all very nice stocks. Of the bunch though, I vote for the T4A, although, I have not had the opportunity to get behind the T5A yet.

I voted for the T4A. I have three Manners- T, T4A, T5A with mini chassis. From my experience the T is great for an all around rifle, mine is on my tacticoolish hunting rifle. In my opinion the T is not the best for bench or prone work. The T4A is a great stock for prone shooting and is very comfortable in my hands. My T5A is fairly new to me, but so far I'm in love with my set-up. the only reason it didn't get my vote is that it seems not everyone likes a thumbhole stock or can get comfortable with one. I applaud your efforts and I'm sure that no matter which one you go with, the officers will love them. Tom Manners and his crew are great people and produce awesome products! You can't go wrong with Manners Composite Stocks.

Definitely the T3. No-nonsense design without adjustments to fool with, ergonomic, and just plain works.

mcs-t31.jpg

I vote for the the T4A or the T2A. I also wanted to now when using a rear bag how you are able to adjust elevation using the T4A being that the rear of the stock is flat with no slant to it. T2A has a slant so you could simply slide the bag forward or rearward to adjust... This would be come very important in different shooting set ups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rebelbell24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T5 with chassis is what I have, and love it. </div></div>
+1 I love mine under a 300WM