• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

which micro red dot?

SSG3K

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 31, 2003
    Mi
    Want try a micro red dot. Which one would you pick and what mount?

Thanks

Rich

Re: which micro red dot?

Just bought a T-1 today and threw it on a Seekins mount. They are tough and light. If you don't need NV capability or a level of waterproofing greater than 15', you can save some money by going with the H-1. GG&G offers their optic-mount combo and it is the cheapest I've seen anywhere. Its actually cheaper to buy the mount/optic combo from GG&G or LaRue than it is to buy just the optic by itself.

Also, the GG&G mount facilitates Butler Creek flip-caps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aimpoint T-1 or H-1. ADM AD-B2 modular base and your choice of riser either T1-CO or T1-SOCOM. </div></div>

Yep

I prefer the T-1 and either of the Larue mounts. Plus, if you buy it from them its like buying the optic and getting the mount for free.

Depends on what it s going on and if you need NV capable.

AR - do you like lower 1/3 or absolute co-witness? Either LT or ADM.

MP5 - use the B&T rail, ADM mount, or the Aimpoint fixed T1. Regardless, go as low as you can.

On a magnified optic at the 1 o'clock? LT 787

Good luck

Why don't you try out the Bushnell TRS-25 first which is $85 on Amazon and works very very well before you drop $400-$500 on something you might not like. Then if you like it and you want the best sell it here and buy the Aimpoint.

I just bought a Trijicon RMR for a AR rifle. I was kinda worried if I'd like it but after installing and using the sight, I really like and would recommend it.

Chalk up another vote for the T1 if you're after a red dot as a primary weapon sight. They're light, have amazing battery life, and are bombproof.

I use H1 and R1. Similar to T1, although no NV settings and slightly less water resistance but cheaper and fit my needs.

442425e2-ef27-4893-a5d9-57e36b18333e_zps043b8a89.jpg

....Because this thread is worthless without picture examples

Aimpoint probably top of the pile, but also pricey. I have one and love it, but I also have 2 Doctor Spectre's that are equally impressive if "micro" isn't top of your priority. Doctor's are equally clear, but 2x weight at 1/2 price.

Depends on what you value the most

A T-1 or H-1 if your life depends on it. A Vortex SPARC if not.

There is plenty of info on the Aimpoints. The SPARC is great for the price, but the battery life is no where near that of the Aimpoints.

I'm a T1 fan...especially the 2MOA version...the 4MOA is too large.

I'm also a fan of the RMR as well.

If battery is not a concern...T1 all the way. If battery/electronics is a concern...RMR.