• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Midway Range Bag

vetman1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2012
Georgia
Which size of the Midway Competition Range bag do most people like?

They have the compact range bag for $29.99 and the regular size range bag for $49.99. Is this a good deal on both of these bags or does Midway reduce the price often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They run both on deal often. I have several of each and the shooters original they are copies of. Not a bad bag for the money either size.
Steve

Shop around and buy a better bag from a better place.
Last bag I bought from Midway was a drag bag and it didn't hold up three months.
I have Condor drag bags that have way out lasted the Midway for the same price.
As for range bags specifically, get one from Delta Outdoorsman. Ceylon is a member here, his prices are good and he won't ever jerk you around like Potterfield.

I have the larger bag and is quite nice. It is larger than I need but was given to me. If I were to purchase one I'd go with the smaller one.

Get both. The big one fills up fast with ammo boxes, shooting bags, cans etc. I use the small one for pistol stuff or when Im just going to do a little load development. Its nice to have the option. The big one loaded down is really damn heavy, weighs about 60#s with all my junk in it but it really only comes out when Im going to be out shooting for a long time or multiple calibers.

I Have The Small One & Its Worked Great For The Last 3 Years, 2 IDPA Matches A Month. I Specifically Did NOT Want The Large One Because I'd Put Too Much Un-Needed Crap In It.

I also have used the small one monthly for about three years for pistol and IDPA. It holds plenty of ammo, mags and pistols along with ears and misc.

Ultimately the decision should be based upon what you perceive your needs to be. Frankly, for the price you can't go wrong with either.

I'm a "buy once, cry once" kind of guy, and I usually spend whatever it takes to get the best gear. That being said, I have these bags in both sizes, and I love them. I looked around quite a bit and never found anything that I liked more. The price is great, and they've held up very well. The only issue I've had was a broken strap attachment, but I probably had 100lbs of shit in it when it snapped, so I'll call that one my fault. I'd buy another one.

Midway sells a 5.11 range bag that's pretty nice. Item 186816. More expensive than the Midway branded ones but I'm pretty happy with mine. Think I paid $99 for it, on sale.

I bought my bag from Academy. It is the Academy brand, but identical from the large Midway bag. The price for the bag was about the same, but I didn't have to pay a ridiculous amount for shipping.

I have and enjoy the compact. It is plenty big enough to tote my local 3 gun match stuff. Mine is going on 3 years old and I have had zero problems out of it.

I too have both and they've served me well for several years. The compact is quite large and the large is huge. your call, but the quality, per my experience, is very good.

I also have their pistol and rifle cases and they too are very nice for the money.

Midway sells a 5.11 range bag that's pretty nice. Item 186816. More expensive than the Midway branded ones but I'm pretty happy with mine. Think I paid $99 for it, on sale.

That Midway 5.11 bag sure resembles the original large Midway brand bag, comes with all the same features- add-ons. Just stitched some diff label on it and upped the price?

My wife has the midway bag, the 5.11 just feels more solid. It is slightly larger. The padding inside is also heavier duty.

Don't doubt you a bit Doc, I'd say today the zippers are what bags should be judged by? How long do they last?

I have had one of the large ones for several years. Mainly use it for USPSA stuff.
Size will depend on how much you want to carry. In my experience, you will fill it up no matter how big it is. If you need a lot of stuff get the large, If you don't get the smaller one. Otherwise be prepared to carry a bunch of stuff you don't need.

I have had one of the large ones for several years. Mainly use it for USPSA stuff.
Size will depend on how much you want to carry. In my experience, you will fill it up no matter how big it is. If you need a lot of stuff get the large, If you don't get the smaller one. Otherwise be prepared to carry a bunch of stuff you don't need.
Truer words were never spoken.

Said another way; the stuff you accumulate will always be more than the space you have to store it. That is why your gun safe will never be big enough to store all your stuff, no matter how big you think it is when you first buy it.

Clean out that range bag some Wednesday, and Saturday you'll be wishing it was in the bag!

I have several of Midway's large bags. One bag is for Tactical Shotgun, another is for IDPA while a third is for rifle stuff. They can get full but with three, I just keep the basics for each discipline in the bag. Rifle bag has RF, tool kit, bipod, stapler and staples, targets, bags, mat, ammunition and spotter. I limit the bags to the basics so I can control the weight. They do show up on sale but even at $50 or so, you'll get your moneys worth.