• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which MOA Nightforce reticle is going to suit me the best?

Serbu50

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2013
Going to a long range and precision rifle course this late spring. It is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended that you have an MOA reticle MOA adjustments... and MIL/MIL and so on. Understandable. I am shooting my Savage 10 .308 to 700 yards there(that's the range). I would eventually like to step up to a .300 Win Mag or .338 later on, and would likely use this scope for it. I Have a smaller NF scope and like it a lot. SO I am kind of sticking with them. So of the NP-R1,R2, and MOAR, which would you guys recommend? Or do you ? Thanks!

I have a .300 Win Mag by tactical rifles and just bought the Nightforce B.E.A.S.T with the mil-R reticle and .1 mil adjustments. Sure a little pricy, but I wanted the FFP, the braking system, and the option for .2 mil adjustments for faster changes. I currently have a mil reticle and moa adjustments on another scope and it only takes a little longer to think of adjustments, but a definite must to stay with the moa moa. For you, I would suggest the MOAR. Do you want first focal plane or second focal plane?

Going to a long range and precision rifle course this late spring. It is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended that you have an MOA reticle MOA adjustments... and MIL/MIL and so on. Understandable. I am shooting my Savage 10 .308 to 700 yards there(that's the range). I would eventually like to step up to a .300 Win Mag or .338 later on, and would likely use this scope for it. I Have a smaller NF scope and like it a lot. SO I am kind of sticking with them. So of the NP-R1,R2, and MOAR, which would you guys recommend? Or do you ? Thanks!
punching paper definitely R1 or R2 suite u...metal target moar is nice i have 1 r2 2 R1 and one moar the way im using them my 260 8-32x56 R1 simply because strictly competition..when im on the mountain my 5r 308 use moar faster accusation for a bright painted metal..so it comes down on your personal intended use.

Probably shooting steel and target the way it sounds. Do you have a choice on the focal plane on the night force? What's recommended? I need to look into this too. There's so much to long range shooting. Thanks for helping a newbee

MOAR...hands down. I've owned two of the NP-R2s and two of the NP-R1s and in my opinion, the MOAR is the best MOA reticle on the market unless you're shooting F-class.

I would go MOAR. I have a NP-R2 and I hate it, the reticle washes out all the time.

I like to shoot bench and have all the above,if you want precision get a npr1,MOAR is great but thicker for precision,great for FFP .Benchrest NPR1 ,tactical,MOAR

I have always shot the NPR1 and liked it tell I shot a MOAR. If they were the same price I would go MOAR, but with the new offerings from Nightforce you can find a Great deal on a used NPR1! I was just in the market and found that the MOAR was going to cost about 350.00 more, so I bought a matching npr1. I liked it but not for the price difference.