• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which moa scope mount for NF ATACR 7-35×56?

CDNAIGUY

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2019
Hey everyone,

First timer here and I could use some advice/experienced input....I picked up an AI AX338 (used obviously ;) and I'd like to mount my my NF ATACR to it (34mm).
It has the standard pic rail.

Would you recommend the AI scope mount or stick with a NF mount?

Also, which moa?

AI sure does complicate things, never had these issues with my TIKKA...lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After the AI purchase, I could sell my oher kidney for a Spuhr I guess...the scope on it was garbage so was the mount.

Attachments

• e3d3afcc-de96-48a2-aeaf-4957d1c05b64.jpeg-1.jpg
    e3d3afcc-de96-48a2-aeaf-4957d1c05b64.jpeg-1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 70
Badger 20moa rail and badger rings, I use them on all my stuff and have never had any issues at all . cant go wrong with anything they make. Sweet stick too man. Too bad you will have to load that with 5dollar bills. How many kidneys do have ? lol

Heard vreat things about Badger gear.... actually it's only costing me $2 to send one down the pipe....got my hands on a boat load of Swiss Ruag 252gr....I'm swimming in the stuff....I almost feel guilty lol

Badger is solid. That would be my go to if spuhr is too much for you at the moment.

I'll second the Spuhr. Era Tac mount. RRS mount. ARC rings. Badger rings. Seekin rings. NF mount/Rings. Etc etc etc. Cant go wrong with a handful of companies.

nice ! 2 dollars ! Thats awesome! Thats not much more than my 300wm load. I bet those 252s are awesome bullets too! I second all of those mount options as they all have a great reputation and have had experience with a most. I have just always favored badger ordinance for anything mount related personally. They will also customize anything you need done in they way of something specific you have in mind. Either way id go with something beefy on that big ol tube . obviously weight isn't really a concern on your 15 lb rifle anyway so go with that is for sure going to hold that bad boy in place

I was a sphur fan until my scope slipped in it. I took it off and put my nightforce unimount back on and I've not had any problems since.

I was a sphur fan until my scope slipped in it. I took it off and put my nightforce unimount back on and I've not had any problems since.

Would love more details. Did you loctite the ring screws? What torque spec did you use for the rings? Did you contact Spuhr?

Reactions: ClosetCaseNerd
I used blue loctite on the rings. Torqued to 25 in. No it just happened today so I've not contacted them.

@CDNAIGUY your AI should have at least 20moa built into the base. It may be marked. AI scope mounts are perfectly serviceable. I ran one for a year. I recently changed to a Spuhr to add more cant.

AI, spuhr, badger, and Nightforce all make high quality scope mounts. Any of them would serve you well.

With the 56mm objective of your scope you’ll want a mount that’s 38mm high. That should allow for clearance for the front rail. If you decide to remove the front rail a 34mm high mount would work as well.

Last edited:
Spuhr, NF 6 screw, or MDT Elite Scope rings. My opinion. Just depends on what you really want.

You "haven't had any problems since switching mounts".... for a few hours?
I had the NF unimount for a long time and it never failed. I switched it out for the spuhr so i could use it for nightvision. I didn't have any problems with the spuhr during that span. I took my NF 5-25x56 scope off and put a NF 7-35x56 back on with the spuhr mount. Within 15 rounds i noticed my scope had moved. Spuhr mounts comes with a sticky film on the rings. I'm not sure if that sticky film had dried out after mounting the scope again or what. So i took the spuhr mount back off and put the NF unimount back on and i have shot at least 40 rounds and haven't had any issues. I am sure the spuhr is fine if i get some gun rosin and add it when mounting, but i think that is kind of ridiculous to have to do that with such an expensive mount.