• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which Model Harris Bipod

Ferryman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2009
UK
Which model Harris bipod is most used

This is for prone target shooting not hunting

3-9 or 9-13

Re: Which Model Harris Bipod

I started with the 6-9 and 9-13. All subsequent purchases I have been the 6-9. I just find it more user friendly when shooting prone, or from the bench for that matter.

Are you sure its 3-9? I thought it was a 6-9.

With that said, i have a 9-13 swivel notched legs. I would go with a 6-9 instead of the 9-13 if i had to do it over. But the swivel notched legs are a must!

For hunting and shooting in the dirt the 9-13 is fine, I can dig the legs in the dirt and still have a good sight picture.

I find the 9" just is a little too tall shooting pron from a flat surface.

The BRM-S is the most commonly used Harris model from what I have seen. That model is the 6-9", swivel, leg-notched version of their tried and true bipods. I still have several of them although as cash flow allows, I am going to Atlas bipods.

The BRM-S is the one in 6 to 9". Get the one with the leg notches. I made the mistake of getting the one without notches and regret it.

As others have said BRM-S with notched legs. Great for all prone and bench shooting. Unless your going on some safari you most likely wont need anything higher. And for higher stuff while hunting you can use a shooting stick and a monopod. I heard great things about the Atlas bipods but the 100 dollar harris does everything I'd ever want from a bipod. I just wish it had the metal claws but they are a lot of money.

ferryman - would HIGHLY recommend you look at the Atlas V8 too.

IMO - btter made, engineered, more flexible, and configurable than the Harris and, if you are thinking of adding claws, the Atlas solution is way better thought out and usable than alternatives available for the Harris. I use mine from 100yds out to 1000yds on my GAP and AIAW. No complaints

Kasey is a real gentleman and offers a very personal level of CS/service. Try getting that direct from Harris (or even from some UK dealers).

For 100 bucks, the harris bipod attached to my rifle is working amazingly. I have the 6-9" swivel model.

How much is the Atlas? about 300?

I use the BRM-S w/notches and have been happy with it.

If anyone with this unit and the Atlas, would post side by photos and point out advantages/disadvantages of each; it would be greatly appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pappy42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the BRM-S w/notches and have been happy with it.

If anyone with this unit and the Atlas, would post side by photos and point out advantages/disadvantages of each; it would be greatly appreciated. </div></div>

Post side by side photos of an apple and an orange and...well...you get the idea!
wink.gif
All joking aside, this has been done in the past. Run a search on the Atlas and you'll find plenty of excellent comentary on why/where the Harris falls short in comparison to the features standard on the Atlas.

The only drawback of the Atlas (if you consider it a drawback) is its initial cost which is roughly twice that of the Harris (once you equip the Harris with a pod-loc, rail mount...QD or otherwise, etc.). Remember...you get what you pay for. The Atlas is no exception to this rule because you won't find anything else with the available features, rugged durability, quality of enginnering (not to mention the quality of the people behind the Atlas).