• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which mount for my TRG22

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Sorry in advance if this has been beat to death but I have a new TRG22 coming and am planning on putting a NF 3.5-15X50 on it and was trying to decide which mount to use. They come with zero moa rails and I was leaning towards a Spuhr but thought I'd ask before I spend that much, any thoughts?

I really like my Near base with Seekins rings. Perfect fit, solid set up, 5 different ring heights to choose from.

Snipe,
First, whatever you do, ditch the rail that comes on the gun( even though it is a bitch to take off, I know of, and have heard of quite a few more, of instances of the factory rail shooting loose). I have 2 TRG's, and have NEAR incline rails on both....thousands of rounds down range....rock solid performance. That being said, the SPHUR mounts sure look nice, and you can mount it directly to the receiver.

By the time you have spent $ on a 20MOA rail and $ on some nice rings you are not far off the cost of spuhr mounts.

I like the direct to action interface. It's one less thing to worry about.

The best options listed: Spuhr if you want direct mount, or NEAR rail and Seekins rings if you want flexibility to move scopes around from other rifles.

Mainly, figured I would chime in re: the OEM rail. What worked like a charm for me was to pull the barreled action from the stock, set a hot clothing iron on top of the rail for 10-20 minutes before removing the screws/rail. They use insane strong Loctite on those rifles.

Mine came with a 20moa base so I just run seekins rings. Near base or Sphur are both top notch.

I have a 20" TRG-22 with the factory 0MOA rail and the same NF F1 scope you're using...I decided to go with the Nightforce UniMount (A190, I believe) and couldn't be happier. 20 MOA built in and it's a very low-profile look. If you want a picture let me know and I'll post one.