• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which Mounting Option?

t8354p

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2009
Long Island, NY
I have a USO SN-3 1.8-10 with TPAL scope which I intend on mounting to my AR15 VLTOR VIS-3 monolithic rail.

I have narrowed my mounting solutions to the following three options and would like your opinions, comments and/or recommendations on these options:
1. LaRue LT112 with 20 MOA QD mount
2. LaRue LT101 QD riser with Seekins rings
3. ADM Recon-SW with 20 MOA QD mount

If you think I should consider another mounting option please feel free to suggest it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Respectfully yours,
Evan

Re: Mount Help

I use American Defense mounts, and they are top notch. No problems returning to zero. I take my scopes off once in a while for using iron sights, cleaning, storage, etc, so return to zero is nice, but not a necessity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billyburl2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://swfa.com/Aadland-AR-30mm-Scope-Mount-P51911.aspx
I know QD rings are cool, but how often are you really going to take the scope off?</div></div>

billyburl2, I failed to mention that I plan on using this scope/mount combination on other rifles I have as well.

Evan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use American Defense mounts, and they are top notch. No problems returning to zero. I take my scopes off once in a while for using iron sights, cleaning, storage, etc, so return to zero is nice, but not a necessity. </div></div>

Shay which ADM mount are you using?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EvanB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use American Defense mounts, and they are top notch. No problems returning to zero. I take my scopes off once in a while for using iron sights, cleaning, storage, etc, so return to zero is nice, but not a necessity. </div></div>

Shay which ADM mount are you using?
</div></div>

I am using the AD Recon X from Vortex. I have a PST 1-4 on my carbine with it.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vort...e-3-inch-offset

I have the same scope you have and I used the USO 1.35" rings to mount to my LMT MWS....

One word of advice is the USO rings have a windage adjustment that can cause an issue. If the adjustment is not the same on the front and rear rings, it can cause an bind to occur on the internal adjustments....

I found this out when I installed the rings and torqued everything down, the TPAL adjustment got real tight. I loosened everything back and the TPAL was normal.

What I decided to do was to determine how many turns left to right for each of the two rings and split the difference...so each ring, front and rear had each left windage adjustment loosened equal turns. After I did this, I tourqed the rings up and then used a Wheeler Engineering lapping tool and got the rings working with each other.

Next suggestion, mark each ring top front/rear, left and right so you can go back in the same lapped position.

Once all of this was done, I installed the scope and torqued everything up...

In the picture below is my SN3 mounted on my LMT MWS with the USO rings. Glad to answer any questions.

DSC_1135.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same scope you have and I used the USO 1.35" rings to mount to my LMT MWS....

One word of advice is the USO rings have a windage adjustment that can cause an issue. If the adjustment is not the same on the front and rear rings, it can cause an bind to occur on the internal adjustments....

I found this out when I installed the rings and torqued everything down, the TPAL adjustment got real tight. I loosened everything back and the TPAL was normal.

What I decided to do was to determine how many turns left to right for each of the two rings and split the difference...so each ring, front and rear had each left windage adjustment loosened equal turns. After I did this, I tourqed the rings up and then used a Wheeler Engineering lapping tool and got the rings working with each other.

Next suggestion, mark each ring top front/rear, left and right so you can go back in the same lapped position.

Once all of this was done, I installed the scope and torqued everything up...

In the picture below is my SN3 mounted on my LMT MWS with the USO rings. Glad to answer any questions.

DSC_1135.jpg

77</div></div>

77 thanks for the reply. I am looking for quick disconnect option that will allow me to use the scope/mount combination on multiple rifles.

I just put the ADM Recon S on my AR. I was concerned about not having enough eye relief. After having the scope and mounts installed no issues plenty of eye relief.

I updated the original post based on feedback from ADM. The Recon-SW is the version I will need. So I am looking for feedback for any of the options above.

Thanks Again