• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which muzzle brake for HUB converted can?

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 10, 2017
    I am planning to send in my AAC SDN-6 to Ecco Machine to have it converted over to 1.375-24 HUB and possibly shortened to lose some weight if possible. I will run this on a 18" 6 ARC AR15 and while I don't plan to remove it often it would be nice to have a proper muzzle brake for the mount when I do so. I have no HUB experience or brand loyalty in this area, I am simply looking for a solid HUB interface muzzle brake with a 5/8-24 thread that won't add a ton of length in hopes of shortening the can. Any suggestions for this application?

Griffin Plan A with Griffin Taper mount Minimalist Brake or Rearden Atlas with SPB.

You can also go Griffin Plan A with Taper Mount OTB Bayonet Micro Brake but there are barrel diameter considerations required. edit disregard Taper Mount OTB, forgot this is option is only 1/2x28

Last edited:
    Reactions: tex68w
    Griffin Plan A with Griffin Taper mount Minimalist Brake or Rearden Atlas with SPB.

You can also go Griffin Plan A with Taper Mount OTB Bayonet Micro Brake but there are barrel diameter considerations required.

So you are suggesting the simple threaded taper mount and just running the can direct thread, no brake?

I’m happy with my Xeno brakes. Left handed threads are nice once you get used to them. Also has wrench flats, but have not needed them yet.

ETA, of course you’ll also need to get the adapter.

Which of those are you suggesting?

Whichever one tickles your fancy.

SPB looks great on thinner profile barrels, but larger profile barrels (MTU, Heavy Varmint and similar) will leave some of the shoulder unprotected.

On thicker barrels, the PRS barrels work good.

Whichever one tickles your fancy.

SPB looks great on thinner profile barrels, but larger profile barrels (MTU, Heavy Varmint and similar) will leave some of the shoulder unprotected.

On thicker barrels, the PRS barrels work good.

Are the Rearden brakes threaded for 1.375-24 compatible?

So you are suggesting the simple threaded taper mount and just running the can direct thread, no brake?
    Nope, all the suggestions I listed are single port brakes. If you wanted to sorta run like a direct thread but with threaded taper mount, then the Rearden Atlas mount with their Mini (minimalist) would be the way to go.

Griffin Armament Plan-A
    Griffin Armament Taper mount minimalist
    Griffin Armament Taper mount minimalist (titanium)
    disregard previously suggested Griffin Taper OTB, forgot that was only available in 1/2x28

Rearden Atlas Nitride
    Rearden Atlas (HT/Wheat/17-4 H900 heat treat color)
    Rearden Atlas titanium (with DLC coating)
    Rearden SPB (nitride)
    Rearden SPB (HT/Wheat/17-4 H900 heat treat color)

The way 1.375-24 works is, it's a mounting adapter that threads onto your silencer. Which then attaches to the mount/muzzle device.

If you wanted something a muzzle device that directly threads into 1.375-24 (and barrel of course, no taper) without a mount adapter/mounting interface system, then I think the only company that makes something like that is JMac Customs.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ichi and tex68w
    Nope, all the suggestions I listed are single port brakes. If you wanted to sorta run like a direct thread but with threaded taper mount, then the Rearden Atlas mount with their Mini (minimalist) would be the way to go.

Griffin Armament Plan-A
    Griffin Armament Taper mount minimalist
    Griffin Armament Taper mount minimalist (titanium)
    disregard previously suggested Griffin Taper OTB, forgot that was only available in 1/2x28

Rearden Atlas Nitride
    Rearden Atlas (HT/Wheat/17-4 H900 heat treat color)
    Rearden Atlas titanium (with DLC coating)
    Rearden SPB (nitride)
    Rearden SPB (HT/Wheat/17-4 H900 heat treat color)

The way 1.375-24 works is, it's a mounting adapter that threads onto your silencer. Which then attaches to the mount/muzzle device.

If you wanted something a muzzle device that directly threads into 1.375-24 (and barrel of course, no taper) without a mount adapter/mounting interface system, then I think the only company that makes something like that is JMac Customs.

Ok that makes sense, I was and am still a little confused on the HUB system and all of the differences between each make. I'd like to run a JMAC brake on my PAP M92 SBR that will run a Ecco Machine HUB converted SWR Specwar but it sounds like Ecco Machine says the JMAC brakes are too large in OD to work with the conversion which sucks. For the 6 ARC barrel I know Noveske has a 60 degree taper, no idea on barrel profile and for the Proof carbon I don't know the barrel profile or taper, I need to find that out if it'l rive which brake will work.