• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Neck Turning Setup?

I have the Forster Bonanza...bought it in 1991. It is easy to use, easy to adjust and accurate. It is an attachment to the case trimmer. I like the way you can adjust the feed to cut across the neck so you dont leave any high spots. I dont know of any outside neck turners that are fast. You can attach a power screw driver to this one. It does require a different longer base to do long action type cartridges but the base doesn't cost much. Forster also makes an attachment so you can run the trimmer and outside neck turner on a drill press or mill drill. I have the attachment and it wirks great if you have a lot of the same cases to do and have a good accurate quiet drill press. Most drill presses are too loud and aggravating to listen to in use.

K&M hand turner for me, and case pilot chucked in an electric screwdriver/drill.

Also the K&M expandiron.

If I already had the forster case trimmer setup (I use Wilson)
Then I'd probably look at the forster too.

Sinclair is another popular option.

I use a 21st Century turner, it's the only one I have ever used, set up was easy, and its comfortable in the hand.

Sinclair NT 4000 with carbide neck turning mandrel and power driver attachment. Can turn large batches of brass quickly and accurately. Make sure you have a good tool that can accurately measure neck wall thickness to .0001.