• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which NF reticle is best for PRS?

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
I am finally going to the dark side(mils LOL), I am either going to go with the razor Gen 2 7c reticle or get another ATACR to shoot PRS with. Which reticle does everyone prefer in the ATACR for PRS? I am currently shooting a MOAR-T reticle in my 5-25 ATACR.

Mil-XT.

Not sure if its what everyone prefers but that what id grab if i were to submit myself as tribute to NF's zero stop reaping.

So my whole path started with a H59 but turns out I wasn't using a lot of the built in features like the speed formulas. That left me feeling like I was just donating money to Horus. So I ditched that and went to an EBR7C. Loved the christmas tree clear layout but didn't like how the vertical axis went in .5 mil increments- I really liked the .2 subtensions of the H59. Enter the MIL XT. Combines the christmas tree design I like with .2 mil subtensions. So I'm very happy with the MILXT.

I've shot with H59 and have recently purchased a Mil-XT version in NF's lineup. The truth for me is once I'm past 800 or so with any caliber the reticles like the H59 and Mil-XT with all the subtensions obscure bullet splash if you happen to miss. Especially true plinking or practicing when self spotting and shooting way out there trying to see a tiny poof of dust. My next one will be a Mil-C. Basic, effective, clear.

I've shot with H59 and have recently purchased a Mil-XT version in NF's lineup. The truth for me is once I'm past 800 or so with any caliber the reticles like the H59 and Mil-XT with all the subtensions obscure bullet splash if you happen to miss. Especially true plinking or practicing when self spotting and shooting way out there trying to see a tiny poof of dust. My next one will be a Mil-C. Basic, effective, clear.
MIL-C for sure although the XT is better than the Horus.

Mil-xt i would say.

Had a 5-35x56 with Tremor3 that worked nicely tho, takes quite a while to get used to that reticle...

I went with the MIL-XT and the MIL-C was a close second because of what sevensixtwo said.

God damnit. I finally decide to go from the Mil-R to Mil-XT and now I see people saying the Mil-C for the exact reason I normally dislike christmas trees: Spotting misses.

Welp, back to sleepless nights going back and forth on reticle selection again.

Edit: For me, i will rarely if ever shoot matches with the rifle I am rescoping. For matches, I would likely start with the Mil-XT. Easy to trade for a more standard reticle if you hate it.

Last edited:
Just shoot 5 matches. The. Ask yourself how many stages you wish you. Tree. For me the answer would likely be like 0-1. It does more harm than good for my style of match shooting

I have a 7-35 atacr mil-xt

I agree about comments about spotting misses at long range

I hold for wind sometimes but rarely hold elevation I'm used to dialing from shooting f class

Going forward Ill go with a mil-c or mpct1 when I try a zco

Ps does anyone find their windage turret on their atacr feel different than the elevation turret?