• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Non Cellular Game Camera?

RLinNH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2019
Going to finally place a couple of game cameras around my property. I want to pick the best location for a ladder stand. Looking for a non cellular camera as we have NO Cell Phone signal in my area. Recommendations on an easy to use Game Camera?

I have stealth cams, they seem to be Ok, plenty clear in day or night... and that's coming from someone who is not good at setting technology up at all. Maybe someone who can figure out all the timing and stuff could make it even better

Reactions: riverside jeep
I've had expensive ones and cheap ones. I buy the cheaper ones now. Usually something on Amazon listed under "Amazon's choice". The expensive ones offer more features and better pictures. But it hurts when they get stolen, get wet and quit working, get knocked off of their mount by Deer or Hogs and get trampled, ect, ect. The loss of the cheaper ones hurt less!

I have a Cabelas Outfitter brand game camera that I am quite happy with. It has the ability to select when you want pictures to be taken. In my opinion, and because I do not hunt at night, any animal that only frequents an area after/before shooting light does not exist. I don’t care what comes by at 2am because I’ll never be there at 2. And, if the world record buck only ever visits then, he is safe from me there. So, I have it set to take pics from 6am to 7pm. That brackets shooting light +, and doesn’t waste battery on night pics of animals I’ll never see. At ~$100, it’s priced well too.

I have 6 Bushnell Celucore 20 cameras. They work really well and take great pics. You can get them on sale for around $70. Even though it’s cellular you don’t have to run them on a data plan. Works just fine as a regular trail camera but if you ever want to use them somewhere else you have the option to turn on the cell service. Something to think about.

Browning Patriot has been my favorite so far but I run them strictly on video mode in 30 second clips.

This is a great website for reviews:

I've used several different brands. You definitely get what you pay for in regards to quality, especially night pics.

I bought a Browning strike force this year at the recommendation of another shopping at Cabela's earlier this year, (I was hopelessly looking at about 10 different models/brands and couldn't make my mind up). The guy said he had tried a bunch of different ones but had had the best luck with the Browning ones.

So far it has worked flawlessly, easy to set up, clear pics or video, good battery life. I would definitely recommend one.

I have had a couple stealthcams. The old fashioned big one lasted years. The smaller newer one lasted half a year, maybe a little more. Now I have a bunch of Apeman cameras from Amazon. They used to go on sale for less than $40, that was a while ago. I have one that has been out for about 3 years and is still ok. Pixels dont really matter to me, I'm loking for what time the hogs show up, not what kind of makeup they are wearing. Trigger speed is important if you are putting it on a trail. Trigger speed is less important if the camera is on a corn feeder like I am.