• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Which one is better M&P 15 Tactical or Spikes?

NeoItaly

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2012
Florida
Looking at picking up another AR. Which is better Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Tactical or Spikes Tactical with the Spikes having a Spider Bullet lower with CTR stock and MOE grip with and the upper being 16" Mid LE w/12" Bar rail. Just wondering which to buy...

Re: Which one is better M&P 15 Tactical or Spikes?

I can't talk about spikes, but I have a S&W15 lower with a LaRue stealth upper and I love it, fit is great and runs flawlessly.

Out of the four S&W that I have owned (still have two of them) I have never had an issue with any of them. Well built.

you couldnt give me a Spikes. They are a bunch of lieing scum iffin you ask me. And with that being said I wouldnt use their shit for landfill filler.

Spikes makes good shit, even if their folks are prone to internet drama.

I think they are one of the better values in the AR world. Love the ones I have owned. One of which I have kept as my "main" AR.

jeez, I had no idea spikes was so hated here. afaik I know they make great lowers with good price. I have a stripped lower actually

Being honest with me goes further than lieing to me even if I don't like the honest answer.

When obunghole was elected prices of lowers went up immediately.......when asked why price went up the answer was because materials went up. Had they said because they were trying to capitalize on things and make more profit,I would have accepted that instead of the lie about materials going up.

So for that reason I say the hell with spikes.

Wow- Crazy -Just wanting to know about the quality of the gun. I dont care about all the other stuff.

I have a S&W MP 15FT and it is one of my favorite AR's. Fit and finish is as good as my LMT or Colt and has operated flawlessly.

I have a spikes lower with their enhanced LPK. I've never experienced a problem with it. I also use their T2 buffer in a coule rifles. I will continue to buy from them.

Look into the LMT rifles first, or rather their built uppers and built lowers. Or maybe even a Colt. For a similar or slightly higher price, you can get a finer weapon I think. My LMT is about 1-2MOA with good ammo and an EoTech.

I built mine to be a SOPMOD copy, so I have a little more into it, but the base rifle cost about $1000 to assemble, and by assemble, I mean throw in the carrier group and pop in both pins. How much you spend from there on rails to whatever is up to you.

If you buy the LMT Patrol carbine, it will be the same basic rifle but with a rear sight and for $1484. Better to assemble it yourself.