• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Which one to keep?

45user

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2005
Norwalk, CA 90650
Silly me but can't decide...
Just bought a new scope so one of my Leupold has to go. I am not sure which one to keep

Mark IV 10 x fixed M1 turret
Mark IV 3.5-10 x M1 turret

Which one would you keep and why? Helpe me decide.
smile.gif

Re: Which one to keep?

myself I would go for the 3.5 to 10... But this would also depend on the application... What caliber rifle is it for and what are you using it for???

Keep them all...............One can never have too many !

I prefer a variable power scope over a fixed so I have to say can the 10X if you must get rid of one.

It will be on rem PSS .308 shortened barrel to 22". Yeah, I'd keep them all if I can but one has to go
frown.gif

Keep the fixed 10x. I had a 3.5-10 and never took it off 10x. Also you don't have to worry about if your mils are subtending correctly.

Of course what you decide to keep will eventually depend on how you intend to use the scope, and the 3.5-10x is more versatile, but remember this ...........

.....your Mk4 10x scope is a TRUE Mk4. Your Mk4 3.5-10x is basically a rebadged VX-III (or whatever they're calling them these days). The fixed power Mk4 scopes (10x, 16x and once-upon-a-time 6x) are the only REAL Mk4's, no matter what some uninformed Leupold salesman might claim!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpotcheckBilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course what you decide to keep will eventually depend on how you intend to use the scope, and the 3.5-10x is more versatile, but remember this ...........

.....your Mk4 10x scope is a TRUE Mk4. Your Mk4 3.5-10x is basically a rebadged VX-III (or whatever they're calling them these days). The fixed power Mk4 scopes (10x, 16x and once-upon-a-time 6x) are the only REAL Mk4's, no matter what some uninformed Leupold salesman might claim! </div></div>

+1